Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi 50 / no period  (Read 4570 times)

Nellendra

Evorel sequi 50 / no period
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:30 AM »

Hello
I started on Evorel sequi 50 on 6th may on week 3. I had a period a week later.
Have continued on the patches and this month have not had a period. Periods were regular before Hrt.
Symptoms I have found so far - headaches/ nausea and tinnitus. Spots on cheeks.
Can anyone shed any light on why I have had no period, I wondered if my dose was perhaps too light or too strong. ??
Thanks xx
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:43:38 AM by Nellendra »

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel sequi 50 / no period
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM -- Early days Nellendra and if you were getting regular periods before you started HRT it will take some time for the HRT to control your cycle. You are obviously peri meno so your own hormones will be fluctuating - I'm afraid some teenage spots, headaches etc. are quite common side effects of HRT but this usually settles are you own hormones decline and the HRT takes over - and this will depend on where you are in the peri journey as the peri stage can last some years. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »

Hi Nellendra - I can only explain with a diagram but will try. If you started oestrogen only on week 3 ( I presume you started with these patches ie the Evorel 50?), then you would already have been into the second phase of your menstural cycle aso your period would come at the normal time. Then presumably you started the Evorel conti part of the pack in your week 1/2 which would have overlapped with your own cycle for the two weeks you produce your own progesterone. This could mean that you didn't build up lining this month.

Really you should have started the oestrogen only patches part of HRT ie on approx Day 1 of your bleed to sync with your cycle so it may well be out of sync for a while if your periods were regular - but as Dancinggirl says it will eventually control your cycle.

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

Hi Nellendra - Hurdity has given a good explanation. If you were having regular periods before you began using Evorel then the leaflet states that you should start the pack within five days of your period beginning. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15325 - see under Guidance of how to start Therapy. As she and Dancinggirl say it will eventually even out.

Taz x

Nellendra

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:10 PM »

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I'm baffled as to why the consultant told me to start taking them on that exact day and not to wait until Day 1. ??!! Very puzzling.
Oh well I guess I'll persevere with it. :)

Nellendra

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »

Sorry , I've just re-read this. To clarify, I started taking the patch on week three of the patches in the box. So this would have been the Evorel conti patch (containing estradiol and norethisterone) I then had a period the week after so that would have been week 4. do you still think this would make a difference to my current symptoms?
X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »

I'm a bit confused. Do you mean that you started on week 3 instead of week 1? If so what was the reason - was it advised by the consultant?  :)

Taz x

Nellendra

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »

Yes,  The consultant asked the date of my last period , I told her it had been on 18 th April,  so she told me to start taking the patches the very same day (6/5) starting on week three ( of the patches) which is what I have done. 😀

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »

I think it's just a case of wait and see then Nellendra until your system becomes settled on this new regime. It's annoying when you are waiting for a bleed. Let us know what happens!

Taz x

Nellendra

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »

Thanks, will do. 😀