Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Could be another Atrophy flare up.  (Read 9030 times)

Midnight Shadow

Could be another Atrophy flare up.
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »

Spoke to soon this morning the itching has now turned into burning and ****ling. I have had nine really good weeks and my Atrophy has pretty much subsided. Using Vagifem twice a week and Kliovance daily has been a godsend. It has been great. Does anyone else's Atrophy flare up? I hope my problems are short lived. I only have 30 more days working at school before I retire and I really would like to enjoy them.  Anyone used Vagisil for the itching? Sorry to be a nuisance asking questions, but everyone on this site is so helpful. Sleep well all of you.

Maryjane

Re: Could be another Atrophy flare up.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »

Twice a week for many is  not enough , it can be used 5 xs a week . You need to use a thousand vagifem to be equal to one application of 1mg oestrogen so don't worry .

I will be seeing Nick Panay , and I am going to thoroughly discuss the Chinese whispers of local vagifem use.

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »

Has it been very hot in your area?  I've been worse recently, but it's been so hot here and I'm always worse in hot weather.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »

Thank you for the quick responses. Yes Dorothy it has been very hot here recently, particularly last week. I thought this might have started my problem off again. Sitting at school working with children is not ideal. Lucky for me it's not for many more days. Might try wearing a dress tomorrow instead of trousers. As Mary Jane said to up the dose of my Vagifem. Have used another one tonight. Hope I can sleep tonight. Take care both of you.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »

I have used a vgianl moisturiser alongside any hormones treatment as I still need somethings to stop itching and burning.  I use Mulit Gyn Actigel but there are other vaginal lubricants/moisturisers e.g. Hyalofemme which are good as well - these can sting a bit at first but do sooth after that - you apply these up inside and round the outside area if needed. Itching and burning can often be a result of the vaginal flora being slightly out of balance.  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »

Up the dosage?  If I get more symptoms I use 3-4 nights continuous then back to routine.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »

Mine flares up for no apparent reason from time to time even though I am now on systemic HRT.
I use Vagifem every day, and if I feel I am heading for another flare up I double the dose for a couple of nights.

scriv

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 07:25:51 AM »

This is all made so much worse since the Vagifem 25mcg was withdrawn!!! It makes me sooo mad.

Think about it ladies - so many of us who were managing very well on 25mcg twice weekly were suddenly told ( on the basis of a very small limited study in the US) that 10mcg twice weekly would do the same job.

Errr - no it darned well does not!!!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:20:44 AM »

Boy your so right with 25m maybe once and again Id use another one but 2x25 great
since 10m last december ive been pretty rough on and off
now with gps insisting its mfine to use one 10m every night and thanks to clkds advice gp gave me ovestin for outside
even with one in a night its ever present even if its just a twinge xxxxxxxx

scriv

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 08:54:15 AM »

I am convinced that whereas 10mcg a night helps to keep the worst down, the level that it maintains is nowhere near as high as the 25mcg reached - and maintained most of the time. 

And obviously so as it is less than half the strength.

But they never asked us, did they Suzy Q.

I so hope that one day someone makes another 25mcg as using two is not as effective and brings in other issues like soreness cos of all the filler for some people.

I despair.

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »

personally I find that stress can flare up my VA.  I also use estriol cream externally alongside Vagifem and on the whole it keeps it ticking over quite well.  :)

scriv

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »

The secret may be catching VA early, Babyjane.

Sadly mine was very extreme and severe when it was diagnosed and really needs a high level of Vagifem.

ancient runner

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »

At risk of sounding like a broken record - Estring gives you the "old" vagifem dose every week, no fillers. It's working very well for me at the moment though I have had some blips. Worth a try?

scriv

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

I'm afraid  there is no way with my personal history that I could even think about that method as an option - so no, not worth a try at all :(

I appreciate what you say though about the level of oestrogen it gives and I am very pleased it is working well for you :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:14:19 AM by scriv »

Suzi Q

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »

I am convinced that whereas 10mcg a night helps to keep the worst down, the level that it maintains is nowhere near as high as the 25mcg reached - and maintained most of the time. 

And obviously so as it is less than half the strength.

But they never asked us, did they Suzy Q.

I so hope that one day someone makes another 25mcg as using two is not as effective and brings in other issues like soreness cos of all the filler for some people.

I despair.

I agree I did 2 at once for a month 2x 1 night miss 1night then 2x1 night miss a night then 1=50 It didnt work and the outer stuff on 2 pressaries was too much it burnt me IMO it was the BIG HIT of 25 then easing down made it work some lady on here said I can get 25m in Singapore on ebay I looked you can
But Id be too scared they were the real thing
Pages: [1] 2