Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deja vu attacks  (Read 14021 times)

wombat62

Re: Deja vu attacks
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 10:25:25 AM »

I've had moments of this seems like it happened before but I think we probably all get that from time to time but yours sound very scary! Are you under a lot of stress or run down at the moment? I know my weirdest things happen then.  Maybe you could be lacking in a nutrient or mineral which is causing it?

Hope it passes, take care!

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »

I've had those "been here before" moments, but this is so different. Last time I had them about 7/8 years ago I was under a lot of stress. Not sure what is going on this time, not aware of anything. Son's wedding in November, but that's all organised, has been for a year. Even got my outfit. On pills for anxiety already.

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »

About half a dozen so far since coming home for NY. I do feel more anxious than normal, so reckon it's either that or BP falling through the floor. Can't check it when it happens, as I get virtually no warning.

littleminnie

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »

Could you wear a blood pressure monitor and check it when you have an episode?
Does it ever happen in the evening?

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »

No specific times of day. This morning was just after I got up, which is why I was thinking low BP.  Will see how it goes over next few weeks. Last time, whenever the stress went, so did the attacks. Guess it could be mother of the groom jitters. Heaven help me if that's what it is.  ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 12:37:31 PM »

;D yes if that's what it is, you'll have a fun day.  :)
Could be low sugar?

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 06:42:11 PM »

Well was feeling a bit weird a wee while ago, not as bad as this morning though. Anyway checked my BP, was 152/76 pulse 83. After 10 minutes rest back down to normal at 125/70 pulse 65. Now I'm confused. I was feeling light headed, so was expecting it to be low.

littleminnie

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 06:47:32 PM »

Maybe it's the other way round and it's because it was high?

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »

May be. Will keep an eye on for a few days & see what happens.

Dorothy

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »

I've had them all my life, but they usually only last a few seconds.  The only time I had ones that lasted any length were in my teens - they went on for ages and used to leave me feeling panicky - I also used to get weird moments when everything around me would fade and I'd feel like I was in a dream and no one else could see me.  I've had these a few times since starting peri, though fortunately not the extended deja vu - yet!  Makes me wonder if it is hormonal?

It might be blood pressure - they thought it might be linked to a drop in blood pressure for me, though I don't think it was ever confirmed.  Maybe worth keeping a diary of when they happen to try to work out if any food/activity/hormonal change is triggering them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »

It happens more as I drop off to sleep, I go into a dream and think "I've been here B4"  :sigh:

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:16 PM »

Going to get it checked out, if I can get an appointment. Hopefully nothing.

Emmie115

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

So relieved thought I was going mad with this. GP couldn't help. Thank you. Thought I was alone with this x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »

Did I not reply to this already  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]