Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 2 months no period  (Read 2953 times)

LW44

2 months no period
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »

Hi

Just wondering if i should be worried... im peri menopausal.. i am on 1mg of climival.. oestrogen only..  even though peri consultant has ok'd this (under monitoring) as progestrone intolerant.

Anyway i have not had a period for 8 weeks now... ive am usually between 4 and 6 weeks... ive also noticed flushes returning.. this could be the weather.. just feeling warm and sweaty at times.. not as bad as before.  so what i am wondering is 
- am i further along in the peri menopause journey? ( im 45 and had symptoms for over 2 years) or should i see my consultant as i have not had a bleed (very aware of problems orstrogen can cause with womb) or just wait it out? thank you :)

Lizab

Re: 2 months no period
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 03:14:38 AM »

How often does your consultant see you for monitoring? If you're being seen regularly, I wouldn't worry. I'd blame peri and see what happens for a few more weeks. I would worry more over extra bleeding with the unopposed estrogen, but keep in mind if you are no longer having bleeds and you're lining is building, you probably want to mention it to your consultant at your next visit. I would probably put in a call or email soon just to be safe.
Also, could you be pregnant?

LW44

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Hi

Thank you for your reply - i was thinking along those lines - i have done a test at work (work in hospital) negative - phew !  :D

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »

You're very welcome! I'm certainly no expert, so it's only my personal opinion. I doubt you'll get many responses on that since they don't usually give estrogen only with a uterus. You really have to take that up with the consultant monitoring you. From the info you gave, I wouldn't be overly worried.

LW44

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »

hi,

i know.. even my gp wont do a perscription for it..  but my consultant has said as long as i have regularish bleeds with no spotting in between he is happy to leave me on oestrogen only..  then looking at hysterectomy further down the line if needed x