Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: personal itching  (Read 5990 times)

Midnight Shadow

personal itching
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:13:38 AM »

Hello everyone, haven't been on here for ages. Hope you are all feeling better. My atrophy has been brilliant, however I have recently been itching in that area. Don't know whether it is to do with the hot weather aggravated by sitting. I have tried Vagisil cream, whilst that has helped a little I was wanting to scratch like mad last night. Am now trying Daktacort cream which I was prescribed some months ago. Does anyone else's have this problem? If so, how do you treat it? Replies appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: personal itching
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »

>wave< - I use Savlon in the outer areas, once a day is usually enough.  If my pubes itch I apply talc.  I use Ovestin1mg as prescribed internally.  Are you able to sit knickerless? let the air to it.  Cotton undies, not thongs as they can be drying. 

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:34 PM »

I use Nylstat thrush cream outside when the itch came it worked a treat
I use Vagifem and lately Ovestin on the OUTSIDE xxxxxxxxxxx
No soap just warm water down there even if its not as sweet smelling
Water is fine its better for down there xxxx

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »

Might well be thrush? Try Canesten for a few days?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »

Canestan burned and made me itchy  ::) and I didn't have thrush anyway …..

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »

Which bit is itching? I had this problem ( with labia join) and posted in private lives about it. I do still have it and have now been treating it with salt water to which I've added a bit of bicarb ( this is what I used to bathe my babies' eyes with when they got sticky eye - at the recommendation of the doctor. I tsp salt to mug of boiled water and generous pinch of bicarb. Dab it from time to time. When at home go knickerless as suggested and let the air get to it as CLKD suggested! I definitely wouldn't use talc as this made itching worse for me.

Hurdity x

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 08:10:22 PM »

Thanks for all your replies. Will definitely try the salt water. Haven't been as bad as I thought I was going to be today. Have used another vagifem tonight, so fingers crossed. Hope it's a short lived problem. Thanks again.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 09:55:17 PM »

Keep all areas moist! stops the drying effect on thinning tissues.  Johnsons baby-talc - if it's OK for baby  ;)

ancient runner

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »

CLKD - there are warnings about using talc round your bits - there is a possible link to ovarian cancer.
And the point of talc is to dry you out - last thing we elderly ladies need!  :o

Tinkerbell

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »

During nurse training in the early 1990's I was made aware of a possible link between talc and ovarian cancer.

ancient runner

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 09:04:05 AM »

Dancinggirl recommends multigyn actigel which can sting a bit to start with but then works well - I think it sorts out the local pH so that thrush, BV, etc, cannot thrive. Worth a go. I've alternated it with thrush cream when I've thought there was something brewing.
If you're not getting quite enough oestrogen from the vagifem dose, I think it means the pH in your vagina and vulva is not quite right and thrush or BV can thrive.
Best of luck.

Suzi Q

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »

During nurse training in the early 1990's I was made aware of a possible link between talc and ovarian cancer.

IM sorry but im reminded of a JOE JACKSON SONG FROM THE 80s
EVERYTHING GIVES YOU CANCER

Ive never used talc myself except steralising talc for a while under my boobs
I have what I always thought of as big boob sweat
living in the tropics and being 34 G im small but heavy and as I was growing my muscle on my chest Didnt develop so my breast have always hung I was in wired bras at 12.
I did think of having a breast reduction at one time in my early 30s but Ozz and money etc its elective 1000s of dollars
Now I uses a cream I got from Highfield Hospital in Liscard Cheshire Dad died I developed what looked like acne on my chest  So on urging I went in to the casuality dept they looked at my chest  and one male nurse said whats that under your breasts Id lifted my bra up I said
OH its cos I live in Ozz Doctor said youve a severe case of fungal infection if its like that now In The UK in January whats it like in the tropics I said It bleeds!! They gave me cream which my cousin also uses so she gets tubes from GP sends one to me it works but has cort in so I dont use it unless I have too

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 12:56:28 PM »

It is a 'possible' link which has been discounted.  My Oncylogist told me to use nothing other than Johnsons when having radiation for breast cancer.

Any improvement today?

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 05:04:41 PM »

Thanks for all your replies. Will definitely try the salt water. Haven't been as bad as I thought I was going to be today. Have used another vagifem tonight, so fingers crossed. Hope it's a short lived problem. Thanks again.

Sorry Midnight Shadow I'm really busy at the moment so posting in a bit of a hurry - I meant to say this (the salt water) was for an area of broken skin due to the itching - salt water is healing. I was applying estriol cream but this wasn't helping. It might not be the best thing if the skin isn't broken and sore. it is still important that you are well plumped up with local oestrogen.

Also re the talc - I forgot to say I do sometimes use a bit of anti-fungal foot powder in my itchy spot but not in the vag - mine is upper labia join so doesn't go anywhere - just to make sure it is dry and no fungal infection. Wouldn't put it in vag entrance though!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 05:07:10 PM »

As an aside - if there was worry about girls getting cancer due to the use of talc, was the same concerns raised about boys?
Pages: [1] 2