Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Testim only?  (Read 1936 times)

Chi chi

Testim only?
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:04:53 PM »

Does anyone know if it's OK to supplement with just testim?
I'm so fed up with everything at the moment, just feel like packing the whole HRT thing up! It's been just over 2 years now since starting and in all honesty I don't feel any better  :-\
I had the Mirena fitted 10 weeks ago for the prog part as I couldn't handle utrogestan or provera. I think I'm now feeling the effects and it's horrible, even lower mood, killer headaches, greasy hair, tiredness etc etc.
In the last 2 years I feel I've benefited more from the testim than anything else and would be reluctant to stop this, just wish I could get my level back up to 8 where I felt best (it's now back down to 2 something) it was 0.4 when I started HRT.
I feel like I'm running out of options except to go for a hysterectomy, this wouldn't be a problem if I was absolutey certain it would solve my low moods. I've never had the classic hot flushes but have most all other symptoms.
I'm so confused with it all and don't know what to do/try next  :-\ but then there never seems to be a good time to rock the apple cart and embark on something else, like now I'm worrying about upsetting things a month before our holiday but after that I'll be worried about Christmas coming up  ::)

Down in the dumps and fed up  :(

dazned

Re: Testim only?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »

Hi Chi Chi as far as i understand it you can't/shouldn't just use testim alone otherwise your hormones wouldn't be balanced !  :-\

Chi chi

Re: Testim only?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »

How do we know if our hormones are balanced though?? As were always told blood tests are no use  ??? What if all I need help with is testosterone? It was really low when I started HRT 0.4  and then rocketed to 8! This is when I've felt the best! But for quite a while now it's gone down to and stayed at 2 something  :-\