Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 7151 times)

babyjane

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »

It can take a while to find the right one.  when I started the Citalopram the side effects were quite strong and I rang the surgery.  the doctor said if I got to the point I couldn't cope I was to stop them and go to see him.  Each day I thought 'if it is no better tomorrow I will stop' but it got no worse and after three weeks I was not feeling the effects so much.   It still took me about three months before the full benefits were felt though. 

I persevered because I had a lot of support from members here on this forum and from my family and I am glad I did.  However if the side effects really are too much you don't have to keep on taking it.  There have been quite a few medications in the past that I have not been able to tolerate.

linz57

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »

I'm glad it worked for you in the end, it must have been such a relief.
I'm nervous of strong side effects right now as I'm already worried about my elderly dad who lives 120 miles away plus I'm awaiting a hysteroscopy and the waiting is driving me nuts. Don't think I could cope with any more worry at the moment. Thanks for your input ladies x

linz57

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »

Out of curiosity, what were your strong side effects babyjane? I seem to recall hearing it can increase anxiety awhile.

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 03:44:59 PM »

Yes it did increase my anxiety for about 2 weeks.  It also gave me really strange, vivid dreams and I had a couple of nights when I awoke with panic.  It also upset my stomach.  This all started to ease off after 2-3 weeks.  I had to tweak my dose a couple of times but by 3 months it had more or less settled.

However that was me and I am glad I rode it out.  I am usually such a wuss with side effects.  that doesn't mean you will get the same experience though linz57 and if you do you can always stop them.  I very nearly did but a desire for them to work kept me going.  I have now been using them for 6 months but I also need the low dose beta blocker alongside them but that is just me.

linz57

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »

Its all such a minefield and about venturing into new territory when we're already feeling vulnerable isn't it?
Years ago I would have thought " hey, sure let's try this " but now I'm more unsure. Maybe I should try it when I'm not in such a stressful phase anyway.... If there ever is such a thing post meno...

Kay cottee

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »

Hi..I too suffer from anxiety.. So bad in the morning can't face getting out of bed. Crying all the time.. Have been told I'm post menopause as I haven't had a period for 2 years.. But just started having menopause symptoms... The worst of which is the anxiety.. I Just want my old self back... I was given anti depressants years ago.
They worked well, I'm seeing doctor next week hopefully he'll prescribed them again.. I understand exactly how you feel... Have you discussed medication with your gp..???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 03:52:53 PM »

There are 'as necessary' emergency pills too Kay - i.e. Valium …….. I have one which begins with an 'L' I think which my GP prescribes without problems.  I also take a beta-blocka which eases anxiety surges, as does eating every 3 hours. 

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »

Lorazepam?

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »

Probably  ;D    :thankyou:

Annidav

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »

Suffering badly this morning; been awake for a few hours now; upset tummy; can't stop crying; too many big life changes in the past twelve months and finding it hard to cope at times at the same time as all of this menopause stuff; am on increased HRT after seeing doctor last week as I knew I was getting into a state again;

Trufflecat

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 07:34:24 AM »

Hope it settles soon Annidav x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »

How's your diet 50Girl?

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 11:24:02 AM »

I see from your other post, Fiftygirl, that you are on 100 Evorel patches and have put a 100 patch while still using the conti patch? I think the higher dose may be the cause of your upset tummy. Even though patches are kinder than pills I have always found my tummy worse while on HRT.

Taz x

Annidav

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 11:27:37 AM »

Diet generally healthy - daily fruit and veg; can't cope with full meals any longer so little and often - still like a bit of chocolate but nothing over the top; trying to drink more water and have more or less cut out diet coke completely; like a Gin and slim but only two over the weekend; wholemeal bread when I eat bread;

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »

'gin'  :beaurk: ……..  :-X

Little and often is good.  Grazing helps me a lot. 
Pages: 1 [2]