Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Headaches started after 7 weeks on Femoston Conti 1/5mg  (Read 4405 times)

Rhiner

Headaches started after 7 weeks on Femoston Conti 1/5mg
« on: June 06, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »

Hi All,

I have been on Femoston Conti now for almost 3 months (1/5), after 4 weeks felt fantastic, but after 7 weeks I started to get headaches (and a little period pain and nausea).  The nausea and Period pain have settled, but the headaches are still present, tension type or stabbing type pains.  These can be daily or I can miss a couple of days and they are back.  Blood Pressure is fine. Do the headaches tend to settle, the doctor has suggested giving it another month?

Any advice gratefully received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Headaches started after 7 weeks on Femoston Conti 1/5mg
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:14:26 PM »

:welcomemm:  how bad are the headaches, do you need to take medication?

I am sure someone will be along with HRT advice.  Browse round.  Make notes!

Rhiner

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »

Sometimes the headaches are worse then others, only require paracetamol, I tend to 'put up with it' and only take paracetamol if really desperate.  Feels like pressure inside my head, as ears may pop.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:48:46 PM »

Awful  :-[

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »

Hi Rhiner

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your headaches - I know how horrible these are.

I have never taken conti HRT (for longer than a few months) nor oral HRT so can't really comment on whether they settle or not, but if they do persist it could be due to the progestogen in the Femoston. Although this type seems to be the best tolerated of all the synthetic progestogens, there are still women who are progesterone intolerant to some extent - in that they experience constant low grade side effects that can dampen the positive effects of the oestrogen.

You haven't said how old you are or where in menopause ie how long post-meno? It might be better eventually if they don't settle to go on cyclical HRT  - and then you would get a withdrawal bleed, but you wouldn't have to take progestogens all the time.

Hurdity x

Rhiner

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Many thanks for the reply.  I am 55 and 3 years without period. I have gone onto HRT as my ovaries were removed in Feb (intact uterus).  I had all the symptoms of surgical menopause, to the surprise of my gynae and so after 2 weeks was put on Femoston Conti, initially 0.5/2.5mg then upped to 1/5mg after a few days.  After 4 weeks I was back to 'normal, felt great for another 3 to 4 weeks and then the headaches started.  Im wondering now if perhaps I am taking too much, but I dare not half the dose in case Oestrogen is then too low and I start to suffer from insomnia, depression etc again.

Many thanks,
Rhiner

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »

Why was your Gyane surprised  :bang: :bang: :bang: