Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed  (Read 5649 times)

riverrunsfree

femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:33:23 PM »

anyone know at what point during the grey tablet the period happens???

Thanks all...mine has occured on day 8 of the grey tablet phase and is so heavy. Do you know when it is meant to stop??? Do I have to wait until starting another pack before this will end.

Bit panicked and teary

xxxxxx :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:32:30 PM »

riverrunsfree - I can't remember how old you are or where you are in your meno journey?  If this is your first month of taking Femoston 1/10 and you are still peri meno then it is quite common for the bleed to arrive early  - your own cycle may be overriding the HRT hormones and it can take 3-6 months for the HRT to take control.  Make sure you continue to take the tablets each day and start the new pack as soon as your finish the current pack. 
The bleed should normally start once you finish an entire pack - so a day or two into the new pack of pills  - but as I  said before it takes time for the HRT to control the cycle. I believe some erratic bleeding and spotting is quite normal in the first few months of any HRT - particularly in the peri stage.
We are all different and for some the bleeds can be heavy at first - the bleed may last a few days but you need to be patient, keep going and hopefully things will settle.  DG x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »

Thank you so much Dancinggirl....this has really reassured me...so kind of you to respond. i am 49 and really scared of becoming anaemic again and losing more hair . I will keep going and take courage from this..it is so good to have some one out there who has been through this. Bless you xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »

If after 3 months your cycle doesn't settle and the bleeds prove to be too heavy then you could consider having a Mirena fitted as this will usually settle problematic bleeding really well.  If you have the Mirena you can then simply add oestrogen as pills, gel or patch.  Finding the right HRT regime is trial and error   Femoston is a good one to try and does suit many women very well, however, you do have other options if this doesn't work out. DG x