Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 4 pumps, do you have to split dose?  (Read 4540 times)

GypsyRoseLee

4 pumps, do you have to split dose?
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:31:40 PM »

Have been advised to increase to 4 pumps of estrogel. I asked should I split the dose to morning and evening, but Prof Studd's locum said to use all 4 in the morning.

I know he is the expert but have read many times about splitting dose if you're on a high dose.

Dancinggirl

Re: 4 pumps, do you have to split dose?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »

My gynae said I should split the dose if I went above 2 pumps per day.  I would definitely do 2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime.  DG x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »

Thanks DG. Splitting it seems sensible, so I was very surprised that he said not to, and to take it all in one go?

Keepgoing

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:32:52 AM »

Hi I am on 3 pumps of estrogel and I apply it all at the same time at night and I seem to be ok with this xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »

I think if you are having trouble absorbing the oestrogen, that using it all at once would be an issue.  It seems logical that to apply one pump to each inner thigh morning and evening is sensible.  The alternative would be to apply one pump to each thigh and one pump to each upper arm in one go - I personally think that is a big hit all at once!! DG x

elliebean

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »

I use 3 pumps of Estrogel a day and was told by Prof Studd to use all 3 in one go, which I do in the morning, along with my Testim.

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »

I now use 3 and I apply 2 in the morning and 1 at night. When I was on 4 it was 2 morning and night. I was told by Annie Evans it doesn't really make a difference as its 24 hr absorption anyway? I couldn't imagine applying 3 pumps all at once let alone 4  :o

Briony

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 03:17:37 PM »

During the short time that I tried it, I did 2 in morning and two in afternoon (despite being told to do 4 at once). I think I am right in saying that 4 pumps is similar to a 100mcg patch? This didnt help me much so I suspect that's also why the get didnt help. I must have rhino skin or something!!!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:48 PM »

Hi GRL

How are you doing?  Are you seeing any results at all?

dangermouse

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »

Perhaps it depends on your needs as Prof Studd prescribed my friend 3 pumps a day and to take each pump every 8 hours. She is younger so having it for bad PMT.