Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How fast does oestrogen 'hit'?  (Read 1737 times)

GypsyRoseLee

How fast does oestrogen 'hit'?
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:02:43 PM »

I spoke to Prof Studd's locum last Tuesday afternoon, and he advised me to increase to 4 pumps. I applied an extra pump, there and then, and by the evening I noticed a shift in my awful low mood/anxiety.

Next morning woke feeling really crappy, as usual, but it lifted by the time I'd showered. Applied 4 pumps again etc.

So, today is my 5 th day of using 4 pumps, and there's no denying my mood is lighter and the anxiety more muted.

My question is, can that first extra pump I used on Tuesday afternoon have worked so fast, as to improve things by Tuesday evening. And kept my mood better since then?

It seems so fast to me? But it can't just be coincidence can it? Admittedly I do take an AD, but it seems to have done very little in the 11 weeks I have been on it.

But, with just one extra pump of estrogel, BANG, within 6 hours things suddenly improve.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: How fast does oestrogen 'hit'?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:16:35 PM »

Ha - before I read the text in your message, and just read the title...my initial response was 6 hours!

I could feel the hit same time every day after applying at the same time too.  I also felt it wearing off which is why I opted for a patch.

Mary G

Re: How fast does oestrogen 'hit'?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »

I think the gel kicks in very, very quickly and here's why.  If I take too much Utrogestan and my oestrogen levels fall too low, I get silent migraines (migraine aura without headache) and once I started to get a migraine aura but immediately rubbed in a huge splodge of gel and the migraine aura subsided very quickly and I didn't feel spaced out afterwards or get any after effects (postdrome) I felt completely back to normal which has never happened before.  I now split my gel dose to keep the levels up and so far, so good.

Glad you are feeling better, I hope this new dose does the trick.