Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT for first time aged 61?  (Read 1854 times)

Elizabethlovejoy

HRT for first time aged 61?
« on: June 07, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »

Hello everyone I am new here!
I wish I had found this site years ago...
I was recently referred to a gynaecologist with symptoms of prolapse. I am 61 and reached menopause at 55.
He has prescribed a course of Vagifem and referred me to a women's health physio as he thinks an operation for the prolapse can be postponed with appropriate physio
Anyway,I have been so much more comfortable with the Vagifem. I had not realised there was such a thing as vaginal atrophy. I am just wondering if I could improve my overall well being with HRT . I do still get sleep problems,general fatigue/ loss of energy,and aches and pains,loss of libido.
Would HRt be appropriate or is it simply too late! I am in good health ,not overweight and have plenty of exercise.
I'd really appreciate your comments/ experiences :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT for first time aged 61?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »

:welcomemm:

I would say it's never too late!  Menopause symptoms can become chronic so if HRT eases them, why not start?  I'm sure someone will be along with more knowledge but I wouldn't consider my age when asking for medical relief of symptoms. 

There are ladies here that have undergone various treatments for prolapse.

Glad that you find the Vagifem useful, we have threads here about that as well as brain fog, forgetting stuff, doing silly things  ::)

Browse round. Make notes! 

Ju Ju

Re: HRT for first time aged 61?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »

I started HRT at 60 and have recently had a hysterectomy and back wall repair. My gynaecologist said the HRT would help with healing, along with helping with a long list of symptoms, the worst of all being extreme exhaustion. I am staying with my son in the USA currently. He and the rest of his family keep commenting how well I am compared to 2 years ago. I hope you feel the benefits as I do.