Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estring  (Read 2033 times)

hunkable

• First Flush
Estring
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »

Hello Ladies,
I was thinking of trying Estring as Vagifem 10 is just not sufficient for me and wondered how you all find Estring.  Does anyone find Estring doesn't deliver enough estrogen?
I've been dealing with VA since 2003 when I had a total hysterectomy.  I found Premarin Cream worked best for me and I felt 100% normal but since it was discontinued I've been using Vagifem 10.  My GP prescribes enough to use 4 times a week but I really need it every day.
I wish I could still get Premarin Cream on prescription but my belief is it became too expensive for the NHS to provide. The size of tube was reduced from 42g to 14g and the price doubled.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estring
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 02:04:11 PM »

Speak with your GP and tell him/her that it isn't enough.  Many ladies require use every night.

If you use the 'search' button for 'estring' you'll see other threads  ;)

ancient runner

Re: Estring
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »

Hello Hunkable
I've got no experience of Premarin but have been using the Estring for a couple of years and find it great. You put it up and forget it for three months. It gives you around 49mcg of oestrogen a week. I've had a couple of blips with mine - one caused by thrush I didn't know I had - and occasionally I will reload with the vagifem start up 14 day dose. But by and large it is fantastic and very convenient. Definitely worth a try.