Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot placement  (Read 3775 times)

Tinkerbell

Estradot placement
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »

I am putting these below waist on my back but after seven weeks use I have developed sore itchy patches. Not surprised as I react to plasters and micropore tape.
Leaflet says you can place on stomach, but mine is not toned and flat so don't think that will work :-\
Any suggestions?!!

Jobo

Re: Estradot placement
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 10:08:44 PM »

I too would be interested to know where to place these I was told by the pharmacy to place on my arm but I am sure that's not right.  I have been placing on buttock but have noticed they crease sometimes, unfortunately there are a bumps and dimples around this area  ;) should they be applied to a flatter area?

Thanks

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »

I recall my GP saying some ladies wear them on their arms however the literature says below the waist.
Some ladies put the patches on their butt so they can't constantly be reminded of the patch however I think I would worry it might have fallen off (although I've never had one fall
Off)
I started off applying them just above my hip bone but as summer has approached I've put them more towards the pelvis area so it won't be visible if I wear a bikini (they shouldn't be in direct sunlight). This area seems to work well.
I rarely suffer from itching with estradot. Sometimes a tingle of an itch but if I ignore it goes away. I found Evorel much more of a problem because of its size, and fem7 gave massive irritation.   
I can't find a completely crease free area because when bending and twisting creases appear!

Dana

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 01:41:15 AM »

I always put mine below the waist, slightly behind the hip, but not on the bum cheek. I can't turn any further around to put it more on to my cheek, so that area seems to work. I also like to be able to see it when I go to the loo to make sure it's still there. I have put it on my stomach, but that seems to make it crease more.

If you have a sensitivity to the actual adhesive I'm not sure that putting it elsewhere will make any difference, but you can only try of course.

Have you tried on your upper leg/thigh? I think you can pretty much put it anywhere, as long as it's below the waist (at least that's what I've always been told). I think the theory about not putting it on arms, or above the waist, is because of the proximity to the breasts, but then of course that was when everyone was scared of HRT and breast cancer, so the thinking may have changed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:42:57 AM by Dana »