Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling desperate and need advice don't know what's going on!  (Read 8368 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling desperate and need advice don't know what's going on!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 04:14:27 PM »

Jobo - I do think the dizziness etc is due to the initial hit of progesterone from the Mirena and this should settle over the next few weeks - your body needs to settle after all that bleeding as well.  DG xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »

Keeping a mood/food diary might help chart symptoms?

:bighug:

Jobo

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »

Thanks everyone never thought about a mood food and Mis71mum if you find the link please share with me.  Let me know how you are getting on we need to share notes I'm convinced my doctor thinks I'm going mad !

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »

Erm embarrassingly I don't know how to do a link! Anyone?

Jobo

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Looks like we are the same on that one too! :D no idea hopefully someone will come along to offer guidance.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:05 AM »

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31588.msg500950.html#msg500950

Hopefully this should be it - I couldn't do it on my phone but can on my PC.

Thanks

Lizab

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »

Jobo, you have described exactly what was happening to me. We're all different, but increasing the estrogen significantly reduced these episodes for me. Which hrt dose and combo did you feel best on, even if there were issues? I think the other girls may be right in that you are taking an initial hit from the mirena. I know my doctors said the mirena doesn't affect anything except the womb, but my experience with it as a contraceptive says this is not true. I believe it affects everything in the body, just like any other.  So, perhaps the mirena is offsetting the effects of the estrogen right now, so you're getting fluctuations as your body tries to find balance with it. I agree that you should stick with it for several weeks to see if the effects subside. Of course, if you begin to feel feverish or that something is terribly wrong, don't waste any time waiting it out.

Jobo

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »

Hi lizab thanks for your reply I have tried that many I have lost track on what was best for me but think the utogesteron and the patch seemed the best but because of break through bleeding it was recommended I have the mirena.  I will persevere for a few more weeks but it does feel a bit like an adrenaline rush so thought it maybe oestrogen levels.  Not sure whether to increase oestrogen or start again in lower dose to see what happens or maybe use the gel so I can adjust l.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »

Give it time. The up-take needs to settle alongside your hormones.

wombat62

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 02:19:47 AM »

Hi there, these hormones are confusing! I'm post but I think they are still up and down. Plus other things like gaining or losing weight make a difference as well. I've just lost a lot and everytime I lost some off my middle the night sweats returned. I guess for some maybe they never settle or maybe I'm not totally post, who knows!

Just recently I've had a bad couple of weeks with adrenaline surges at night, the weird head thing, my first experience of vertigo on waking and even being jittery during the day etc but I'm still not sure if it's too little or too much oestrogen! Today I woke up normal and it was soooo lovely and didn't have to get up during the night, woo hoo...maybe I'm having a normal level day  :)

You would think with half the population being female and then a good proportion of them being 40+ and at a time of hormones going haywire then doctors would be better clued up!

I guess it's just a game of trial and error to find what combination suits you so hope you find it soon!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »

>wave< but Trial and Error is SO tiring  :-\

dangermouse

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:05 PM »

The more fat tissue we have the more oestrogen we make, so this might be why weight loss is making your symptoms worse. So unfair eh!

Jobo

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

Hi wombat62 what you have described more or less how I feel when I get these episodes it is a bit like vertigo! I too had a day where I felt OK it was so lovely but like you I'm not sure if it's due to too much or too little oestrogen if you find out let me know. Thank you

Noodle

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »

Jobo, the progestogen in Femseven is the same as the Mirena.  As others have said, maybe after the initial hit, the symptoms will die down.  If not, it may be the levonorgestrel that is the culprit.

Hurdity

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 07:17:57 AM »

Hi Jobo

If you are definitely post-menopausal by 4-5 years then your hormones should not be fluctuating to such as extent that they give you these symptoms - oestrogen levels fall dramatically to a low level approx 2 years after last period although there is still some hormonal activity after this - but not anything like in peri-menopause!!

At your age 75 mcg is definitely not too high either and yes patches should give you a fairly stable dose of oestrogen.

By the way you do still produce oestrogen after menopause - it is an essential hormone after all - it is just produced elsewhere in the body.

The other thing is if you had premature menopause - or premature ovarian failure - then sometimes the cycle can resume spontaneously, although you should be getting signs of that if this is the case.

Re the utrogestan - you were using it on a conti basis and as Dancinggirl says it does not necessarily control bleeding so well on higher doses of oestrogen at the recommended dose which is 100 mg orally. Better control is achieved through vaginal use but of course you would not want to do this on a conti basis. I am wondering why you had such bleeding on cyclical utrogestan? Were you using 100 or 200 mg? It could have been that the lining had built up ( can't look at other page to see what you said!) and it would eventually settle. The dose should be 200 mg and you could always take for a couple of days longer for a few cycles to try to control the bleeding - was this suggested?

The side effects sound like they could be due to the systemic effects of the Mirena as others have said. This is why I wouldn't have one even though they are very efficient at delivering progestogen to the womb - because all my HRT has been bio-identical from the start (more or less!).

I wouldn't have thought you need to change from the patch if this is suiting you and you have felt well on this dose in the past?

Just a few thoughts :)

Do you also use vaginal oestrogen to keep things healthy there?

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]