Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Newbie & confused  (Read 7242 times)

Cherrycrumble

Re: Newbie & confused
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 01:55:46 PM »

Hi Dee46
I'm also suffering from awful anxiety due to the perimenopause. Mine started about 8 months ago and to be honest I don't think my Dr knows what to do with me, as I'm unable to have hrt. I am going to be starting cognitive behavioral therapy next week to see if helps to control that anxiety, I wonder if it something that might help you. My anxiety is really up and down, I can have a great day ( like today) or wake up feeling horrendous, it's a bit unpredictabe , although I can see patterns to it.

I'm also reading a fantastic book that is really helping me called A Life at Last - Anxiety and Panic Free by Paul David and I've found it such a massive help! Really hope things improve for you soon xx :)

Dee46

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »

Hi Cherrycrumble
Are you around the same age as me, I am 46?
Have you been diagnosed as being in perimenopause or like me are you just of that age so 99% sure that it coincides with our age? Mine started like you 9 months ago, shame the nurse I saw that day didn't say are you sure it in not a panic attack you are having instead of giving me an asthma inhaler!!! Oh no that is not good that you cannot have hrt, I am hoping that will be my way forward, is it making you feel depressed? I went for counselling at the beginning of the year as I thought all this was down to home life etc & assumed everything had just got on top of me until she mentioned could I be menopausal!! Had never entered my head that I am heading that way, thought you only got hot sweats, boy now I know it has hit me right in the face. I have got a app on my phone Calm which I try to do most days & also one called breath 2 relax, these were ones my counsellor suggested to me. Are you not taking anything for your anxiety? Do you think you can control your anxiety?

I had a really bad day yesterday so tearful I wanted all this to go away, today I feel better even though I didn't get much sleep last night.

I read Claire Weeks book back before xmas & it was a real eye opener as I have never experienced this before, not sure how you feel but I just want to scream for help when I feel so rotten, everyone on here is so helpful

Cherrycrumble

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »

Hi, yes I'm 48. I've had peri symptoms for a few years but they really hit me last October time.I have some night sweats, really sore swollen boobs and feel bloated, but anxiety is by far the worst problem.I'm also skipping periods.  I had a blood test that put me at the menopause and the doctor said I have most symptoms. I don't take anything for the anxiety. I did try St Johns Wort, but I  didn't like the way it made me feel. The Dr has tried to give me AD's but  decided I didn't want to go down that route. I don't really feel depressed just really frustrated and exasperated with the anxiety. I'm much better at controlling it when I'm at home, I feel much worse trying to control it at work.   The book i mentioned has really helped me a lot. I know lots of the ladies on here have gone down the hrt route, and I definitely would have done if I could. Hopefully you will be able to try it :-) 

I will have a look at the Calm app, I'm doing one called Head start (I think!), that's quite good. Just know that you are not alone in this, there's lots of us going through similar, I think it helps to know that :-)  xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]