Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Citolapram 20mg for peri menopause  (Read 1718 times)

snakebite495

Citolapram 20mg for peri menopause
« on: July 10, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »

Hi, i have been taking 20mg of Citlolapram now for 14 weeks. i was prescribed it for anxiety related symptoms, head aches, tight chest, neck ache, lack of energy or motivation.. even though i am prob a bit better than i was i am still not right by any means. im thinking maybe i should try hrt?? just not sure. i guess i thought i would be feeling loads better by now:( i know a few people take citolapram and it works for them .. i just not sure if i need to increase the dose. Didnt really want to do that though. x
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:55:26 PM by snakebite495 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Citolapram 20mg for peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 02:47:36 PM »

You have responses in your other thread  :-\

saffy123

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:13:05 PM »

Hi, I used AD's for months for anxiety relating to peri (never suffered from it before). I have to say they did very little to help me (although I'm aware lots do find them helpful). Replacing the oestrogen with HRT was the best move forward for me, just wish I had not wasted a year and half on AD's feeling so bad  >:( xx

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:14:47 PM »

Hi there I have been on escitalopran for 3 years since a breakdown and panic attacks it's helped a lot with that side of things and after about 2 months I had the full effects.stick with it I'd say but I'm looking at hrt for all the other issues.
And I'm not convinced it wasn't peri that caused my breakdown...I darent stop my escitalopran as I feel much better but I did reduce to 10mg..Good luck keep us all posted 😊

snakebite495

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 05:57:58 PM »

Thank you for all your replies much appreciated:) x

Dee46

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:29:02 AM »

I was put on Citalopram at the end of December so 6.5 months ago, also thought I was having some sort of breakdown, I don't feel any better on Citalopram so I think my next step will be some hrt.