Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Will a Sequi regime stop the bleeding?  (Read 2244 times)

Mojo61

Will a Sequi regime stop the bleeding?
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »

Hi ladies,

I have been on Evorel Conti for 3 months now and have had quite bad continuous bleeding for the past 6 weeks or so. My GP has advised me to finish this pack of Conti and then change over to the Sequi. I'm due to start the Sequi tomorrow but I would like to know how it is going to stop the bleeding, nausea and period pains I've been experiencing. I'm fed up with everything now and seriously considering stopping HRT completely. I've been 3 years without a period or period pains and I hate having them back again. If the Sequi isn't going to change anything then I'm not going to bother.

I know I will get a monthly bleed with the Sequi, but I can't take this continuous bleeding 24/7

Mojo61

Re: Will a Sequi regime stop the bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »

Thank you Stellajane. I'm also struggling terribly with anxiety, I'm taking citalopram for that and it seems to be slowly helping, but I'm worried about stopping the HRT completely because I feel it has helped with sleep and has certainly stopped the night sweats and I certainly don't want a return of the crippling insomnia I had a few months back.

My dr doesn't seem very interested if I'm honest, she said I won't need a scan unless the bleeding carries on past 6 months because I didn't have any issues with bleeding or pain before I started the HRT so at the moment a scan isn't indicated. However I'm thinking of having one done privately because the constant bleeding and period pain, nausea, sore boobs etc is making my health anxiety go into overdrive, and as that was what started my anxiety off in the first place I don't want to go back to that. I've been coping quite well I think with the citalopram and the CBT course I've been doing and I do not want to go back to the dark days of a few months ago.

Sorry for the rant, I've had a few really good days where I actually believed I may have turned a corner, but this morning I've woken up feeling like poop again - so sorry 😞😞😞

Mojo61

Re: Will a Sequi regime stop the bleeding?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:26:50 PM »

Thanks again Stellajane. Can I just ask one more question please? What is actually causing the bleeding if it is supposed to be a no bleed HRT?