Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: so tired!  (Read 2974 times)

scumspawn

so tired!
« on: May 31, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »

Quick update, I moved from the contraceptive pill to Ellese Duet Conti 3 months ago, which stopped the hot flushes but I started to get bad stomach aches and constipation. I've halved my pill (I'm on the 2mg) and my stomach is fine, minor hot flushes and I'm sleeping well for me - my sleep has never been great.

I am so so tired!

I go to bed before 10, get to sleep easily, wake up at 4 for a pee and get back to sleep by half 4. I'm awake at half 6 and up by 7. I'm getting a good solid 6 hours of sleep then another 2 on school days. On weekends if I can I'll go back to bed at 9 until 11 and it's a rare day I can get through without a nap.

Does the tiredness stop? I have so much to do and no energy to do it!

Oh, I'm 48, haven't had a period in a couple of years.

babyjane

Re: so tired!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »

hello there, you poor thing.  Since joining this forum I have read the term 'crashing fatigue' a few times and that describes it well, it can be like crawling through cold rice pudding but yes, it does stop, but maybe not for quite a while..

scumspawn

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »

crashing fatigue came up with loads of threads in the search, thank you!
and it sums it up, just so tired!
I might try some vitamins, just in case.....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »

Has your GP checked your thyroid function test and zinc levels?

scumspawn

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »

Thyroid is fine, unless it can change really quickly, I'm not sure about zinc. I do eat a really good diet, loads of veg and real food. Meat, fish, dairy, tofu....... I've pretty much given into wearing size 16 trousers now, I haven't the energy to fight the weight gain

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 10:47:28 AM »

Get your Practice Nurse to weigh you?  It may not be weight gain but lax muscles.  Perhaps spread your meals out more, so that you graze?  I can feel tired if I'm trying to digest late in the day  ::)

scumspawn

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »

I dread to think how much I weigh now! I'm muscly, I lift weights most days (trying to rehab a shoulder and knee injury) I've just widened out round the middle and that looks like pure fat to me!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »

So have I - about 15 months ago my belly muscle dropped  >:( and I have a spare tyre higher up when sitting  >:(    >:(.

Don't weigh any more though  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »

4 July 2016:

"Thyroid confusion - Dr James Le Fanu, Daily Telegraph

" ……… compounded by the claims of many with hypothyroidism that the blood tests monitoring their treatment are an inadequate guide to the dose they should be taking - an impression confirmed by Thyroid UK, whose website draws attention to several ways the results can be misleading.  Meanwhile, those seeking clarification of the purpose of the more than 300 blood tests available - and to make sense of the alphabet of acronyms by which they are known (HDL, PSA, FBC etc.) - should consult the website labtestsonline.org.uk. "