Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause clinic  (Read 4620 times)

Sausage

Menopause clinic
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »

:-X

I have changed GPs to try and get help with my symptoms. My old doctor was a sweetie but obviously didn't know much about how to help a sobbing, trembling hormonal wreck and used to Google treatment.

Next GP, not so friendly. I assumed with her being female it might help. She gave me blood pressure pills for hot flushes which just gave me palpitations (ended up having ECG) and made me feel awful.

So, 31st May, I'm off the QMC Nottingham. Will report back to see if it is any good.

Anyone had any experience with a menopause clinic?

Hope everyone is ok. I am fine - apart from the menopause!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause clinic
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »

Why is it the patient that gets the flack  >:( - why don't the 2 GPs and the patient get together and battle it out …..

Let us know how you get on!

Sausage

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:09:22 PM »

I've had the same experience with the female GP at my practice - stony looks as though to say she doesn't entirely agree with her male colleague who's marked my notes "this patient should remain on HRT"!

Thanks both.

Yes, my new GP is stony faced...good description

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:10:36 PM »

Male doctors at my practice appear to be more sympathetic. The women, all too young to be menopausal, think it's a natural process & of the "put up & shut up" brigade. Their time will come!!!

Menopause clinic up my way was good. Lovely consultant. Hope things go well at QMC for you. Huge hospital, hope you don't get lost.  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:43:42 PM »

Hello Sausage.

Good luck with the clinic and do please report back.

The first GP ever to mention the menopause to me was male and pro HRT. He has since retired but  he told my neighbour that his wife's menopause had been terrible and it had taken them a long time to get her HRT right. I'm guessing being caught in the crossfire made him more sympathetic!

Take care.

K.

Sausage

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

Well, met a lovely Dr, obviously knew her stuff and came out of there feeling positive.

Dr spent a good amount of time answering my questions and was very pro HRT.  She has changed my HRT from Elleste Duet to Kliofem so I shall report back to see if that works.

It was such a relief to talk to a medical professional who understood the menopause and able to explain everything so clearly.

Downside: I asked her 'when the menopause finishes...(I didn't get to finish my question of ..does it get better?') - she very quickly said 'it doesn't.'

I also got a mini lesson on sex and how different genders view it...fascinating.

dazned

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 06:54:25 PM »

Good to see that you were listened to and hopefully you will get a positive result

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »

Well, the Jury is out as to whether menopause finishes/not.  I have treatment for VA but I wouldn't say I am 'in' menopause ……… because I don't have any other symptoms  ::)

Sausage

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:33:38 PM »

Well, the Jury is out as to whether menopause finishes/not.  I have treatment for VA but I wouldn't say I am 'in' menopause ……… because I don't have any other symptoms  ::)

I agree. My mum who is 76 says she still has occasional hot flushes, especially when she is ill or stressed, and she still takes HRT.

The thing is , no menopause fits all, it depends on the woman.

Sigh.

Reaches for gin...

...before going to bed under a fan.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »

Oh not GIN  ;D …………..  :sick02:

A decent cuppa with Very Good Book  ;)