Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Regarding my meds ....Help  (Read 1740 times)

Cruella9

Regarding my meds ....Help
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »

Can anyone help give me advice please ..had mirena a fitted and took hrt gels each day had loads probs with coil bleeding mood swings proper pmt Rrgggg
So I went got mirena removed and for 12 months was great no periods so no pmt felt great than I had for many years plus no migraine!!!😀😍then my doc said I cannot take gels alone 😱 So I have to take a tablet each day also ustregon I think something like that I been taking it for a few months and guess what all my symptoms are back pmt mood swings bleeding as before helllpppp

dazned

Re: Regarding my meds ....Help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

Unfortunately if you still have your womb you need to take progesterone with your estrogen ,if you use estrogens on their own your lining will keep on building up ,unopposed this can lead to big problems .

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:35:20 AM »

Hi Cruella9 - I agree with dazned. If you are using oestrogen then you do need a progesterone as well. Unfortunately it can lead to PMT symptoms but if oestrogen is making you feel better overall then it is worth having a few days of feeling off in my opinion. How often do you have to use the the utrogestan?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Cruella9

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »

I use the gel every day and the Utrogestan 1 every night ... I got pmt all time since taking them 😒😔feel horrible when I was just using gel felt great x