Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Worried about changing from Conti to Sequi  (Read 1537 times)

Mojo61

Worried about changing from Conti to Sequi
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »

I have been on Evorel Conti patches for about 3 months now but have been bleeding on and off for about 6 weeks. My GP has advised me to change to Sequi so that I get a predictable bleed, and I now have the new patches but I'm worried about changing because I suffer badly from anxiety and I read on this forum that oestrogen can cause anxiety to heighten, and I know I have to wear oestrogen patches first and then change to the progesterone to get the bleed. I have also read on here that progesterone causes raised anxiety so now I don't know what to do as I'm so confused. I don't think I could take any more anxiety and even thinking about that thought is making me anxious!

So, should I soldier on with the Conti for a few more months as I know that some women can bleed for up to 6 months before it settles down, or do I change to Sequi, or do I just taper off the HRT altogether? My GP said I do not need a scan just yet as prior to taking the HRT I had been 3 years without a period with no issues whatsoever, but my anxious brain is telling me to go and get one even if I have to pay privately because something could be wrong.

All this worry is making me very ill and I can't even think straight at the moment. I need some advice and support, maybe from ladies who have experienced a similar thing. Thank you.

Dollydream

Re: Worried about changing from Conti to Sequi
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:34:21 AM »

Hi Mojo61
Sorry to hear about your anxiety, I'm a newbie here so not very knowledgeable (but I'm learning!).  I just wanted to say that I am in a similar situation to you with HRT.  I took a conti HRT and was still experiencing breakthough bleeding up to the end of the 5th month and by that time I had really had enough.  I stopped taking it a month ago and whilst the bleeding has stopped, the horrible night flushes are back.  I have now got a sequential prescription to start of Femoston which I understand to be quite low dose and I am going to start in the next week.  I didn't get sent for a scan either because the bleeding only began after I started taking HRT and it stopped as soon as I stopped taking it.

Hopefully one of the ladies will be along to maybe advise on a low dose progesterone HRT.  I know this forum has been a great help to me.  :) Take care
DollyD

Taz2

Re: Worried about changing from Conti to Sequi
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »

Hi Mojo - the oestrogen in your sequi patch is the same as in your conti patch so you will be getting the same amount of oestrogen as you were before - it's the progesterone element that changes.

Some women get heightened anxiety from oestrogen, some from progesterone and, for some, HRT doesn't solve their anxiety problems. I'm afraid that the only way you can find out is to try it or, as you say, wait a further three months to see if the bleeding stops.

Taz x