Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT and Eczema  (Read 7227 times)

DebsMK

HRT and Eczema
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:51:06 AM »

I posted a while ago about having really bad eczema on my face and neck after upping my HRT dose from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10.  I also had palpitations and elevated blood pressure, but all of my other symptoms vanished and I felt great!  At first I put the eczema down to the major stress I was having in my life at that time, but a month or so ago I suddenly remembered that I also got the same eczema problems just before I gave birth to both of my daughters and I began to wonder if hormones were the cause or part of the cause.  I went back to my GP to ask about this and she took my blood pressure again, this time it was higher than before.  She suggested I go back on Femoston 1/10 and see what happens as it could be a combination of stress and the higher HRT dose.  Well it's been 2 weeks now and all the raging eczema has vanished!  I need to have my blood pressure checked in a few weeks so I have no idea if this has changed.  The downside is that I am feeling more aches and pains and I can feel that maybe VA is returning (vanished completely on 2/10).  Very strange.

I just wanted to put this on here as I had a lot of trouble trying to find any link to hormones and eczema and this may help someone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT and Eczema
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »

:thankyou:

Maybe ask if there is a 'yellow card' system at your Surgery for patients to fill in, I've never been offered this even though some ADs made me quite poorly.  Or speak to a Pharmacist as well as sending an e-mail to the Manufacturers!

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:04:14 PM »

CLKD, there is a website for Yellow Card that you can register with and do it online yourself. As you know, I have multiple drug allergies so have had to use it a LOT, sadly.... :-\

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:04 AM »

I will seek out that Yellow Card website for sure!  I did find some links to eczema and hormones, but they simply stated that hormones can cause changes in the skin.  The other strange thing was that I had a return of sinus problems whilst on Femoston 2/10 too and the only time I ever had this in my life was when I was pregnant!  I guess I must be very sensitive to hormones :( 

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 08:23:04 PM »

I've mentioned on another thread that I suffered from psoriasis since 1999, no medical treatment or diet etc did anything to relieve it, but it started to decrease as my menopausal symptoms increased and now I just have a couple of barely visible patches about the size of my little fingernail (having previously had most of my legs below the knee covered plus patches on my arms, upper legs and occasionally face)  I've never found any suggested link with hormones, but I can't think of any other reason for it to get better, when all the other things I tried failed to work.