Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Metal taste in mouth  (Read 5692 times)

Callisto

Metal taste in mouth
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »

Has this happened to anyone else? Since starting the utrogestan I have developed an extremely strong metallic salt taste and dry mouth - it is mentioned to do with progesterone, hormone imbalance, pregnancy and pine nuts- the last two are ruled out in my case. It is really horrible affecting the flavour of everything 🐾C

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Metal taste in mouth
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:32:19 PM »

It can be a sign of a lack of zinc in the body too. Have a word with your GP or a local Pharmacist? then let us know  ::).  Have you completed more than 1 cycle yet?

Callisto

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »

Thanks CLDK
Still on only day 23.. Day 9 of utro.. Don't see why I should be suddenlyblow in zinc but will add this to my lengthening list of queries.. It may well be that I will just have to accept it until body becomes used to all these hormones I m bringing into it.. Just wondered if anyone else had it. Too nervily impatient
I think I am!  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:02:54 PM »

There is a 'search' button on here - type 'zinc' into it?

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »

Hello callisto.

I can confirm that hormones can cause a metallic taste in the mouth as I  had this during the early stages of my first pregnancy. Also I was talking menopause to a woman in the queue at the chemists ( as you do ) and she said that for a while everything tasted of old money!

Not much help I'm afraid but I think it does pass after a while.

Take care.

K.

Callisto

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
Wow! You just created a fantastic image-  I'm now imagining an old One Penny bit with Britannia raising her trident. She is dissolving in my mouth as I stumble forth; back in time towards women with head squares, Spar shops and pink wafer biscuits...
Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not going mad.
C🐾

Noodle

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

Well, I must be living in a backwater.  We've still got loads of Spar shops round these parts!