Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to Kliovance, any good reports?  (Read 16787 times)

weegran

New to Kliovance, any good reports?
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

Hi
I am new to Kliovance and wondered if anyone has had a good experience with it?
(changed from Femiston conti due to bleeding but felt great on it otherwise)

Hurdity

Re: New to Kliovance, any good reports?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

Hi weegran

I have no experience of Kliovance but just wanted to say  :welcomemm: . Maybe you could introduce yourself in the new members section and tell us about your menopause so far and where you are, periods, age etc?  Many women find that Femoston is better tolerated of the tablet HRT types but equally there are others who are happy on Kliovance and smiliar too! Let's hope you are as well :)

Hurdity x

Ciscola

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »

I've just experienced a 5 days bleed on Kliovance. I wasn't expecting that on a continuous Tablet. Especially after 10 years of post menopause. It's my 1st month on it though.
Anyone else have this?

Ta

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »

Hi just started my 4th month. Had bloating first 3 weeks, acne, and bleed for 8 weeks. All these have settled at 3 months. However the last week anxiety, jittery and feeling of panic has now set in. I am determined to give it longer to see if these symptoms improve.

I like the idea of no bleed and a steady balance of HRT. Always feel better afternoon and evening, mornings are not so good. I'm sure our body needs to adjust...... ???

W

Ciscola

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »

Hi Gals,
Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll just have to wait it out & see what happens within the current 3 months.
I'm going on hols on 23rd April & was hoping that I wouldn't be having a period while I'm away. But looks like it will be bang smack in the middle of it. Hopefully there won't be a repeat. Fingers crossed.

Ciscola

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 06:25:21 AM »

Morning all, reporting back  on Kliovance.
3rd weeks in a just finished a 10 day period, still not sleeping & had nausea for 5 days, going back to the docs to see what next he can offer me.
x

Ciscola

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »

I was quite surprised that the doc didn't offer another HRT. He has prescribed Clonidine for the night sweats.  Now that I have read up on it, it definitely sounds worth a try.
Please god I get some sleep now, lol
x

BJPearson

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »

A tad nervous now. I was on climagest - apparently it's been discontinued and after a flap at the surgery - doctor prescribed elleste solo which I didn't take as leaflet in pack advised it was was for women with no womb, last time I looked I still had one - he gave me a prescription for kliovance. After a reasonable experience up to now really don't want suffer any ill affects and my hair is fine enough. Bev  :-\

Ciscola

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »

A tad nervous now. I was on climagest - apparently it's been discontinued and after a flap at the surgery - doctor prescribed elleste solo which I didn't take as leaflet in pack advised it was was for women with no womb, last time I looked I still had one - he gave me a prescription for kliovance. After a reasonable experience up to now really don't want suffer any ill affects and my hair is fine enough. Bev  :-\

That's good to know. I'm glad it is working for you.
I'm learning that we're all different. So it's not going to be 'one size fits all'. Funny old life :)

x

Ciscola

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »

I'm now doing quite well on clonidine.
I did reduce the dose by half though. I was waking up really, really grumpy one a whole pill & as I wasn't actually using to lower my blood pressure I thought it wouldn't hurt.
I'm sleeping a lot better now. I'm still having a few flushes through the night - but then it is bl***y hot at night at the moment.
So all in all I would say success :)

dazned

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

That's good to hear  :)

Ciscola

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 07:11:00 AM »

Morning all :)

Not doing well now on the Clonidine. Back, to not sleeping & flushing all night. Shame, I had big hopes.

I went to the docs this week about it, hoping to get a referral to a consultant at the local hospital & saw a locum. She said that in order for the Clonidine to work, I would have to take 4 tablets every night. I explained that that wasn't feasible as I would be in such a bad mood, I wouldn't be able to get up for work.
She then suggested that I see the Gyne doc there at the surgery. Who would be able to either suggest the right treatment or refer me onto a consultant at the hospital. Happy days.
Shame that that wasn't suggested when I started this journey all those months ago!
The appointment is next week. So we shall see. I'm open to suggestions, lol.

x