Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: So embarrised  (Read 6891 times)

Chi chi

So embarrised
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:36:20 AM »

Late Friday evening just after eating our usual takeaway curry I developed pain in my ribcage, collarbone which went right through to my back, I thought it was indigestion so took some Andrews, didn't help so went off to bed.
Saturday woke up pain was still there, quite bad by this time and it had also started to radiate up the sides of my neck and into my ears giving me earache. It was also agony to bend down or lay down. I carried on with gaviscone, paracetamol and ibuprofen.
Woke up Sunday morning and it had got worse! My ears and chest were throbbing and my little finger on my left hand was going numb  :o
Hubby made me phone 111, next thing there was an ambulance here and was being taken to hospital as they wanted me to have blood tests to check my heart hadn't been in any kind of distress  :o even though my ecg, chest, pulse and blood pressure were all ok. I kept telling them all this really isn't necessary and I don't actually feel that bad that I need to go to hospital, especially not in an ambulance!
We got into hospital and I said to the paramedic " I feel like such a fraud"! They had me straight into a cubicle, canula in, hospital Id band on and sticky pads all over me  :o
They did more tests (all were fine) and took blood, I was told the results would be approx 4hrs.
A couple of hours later I was called back in to the cubicle and told all bloods were fine except my white blood cells which were slightly raised (mine always are for some reason)??
The result - acid reflux/indigestion!!  ::) and I was sent on my merry way home with a prescription for omeprozone.
So embarrised!  ;D

dazned

Re: So embarrised
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »

When I had gall stones attack same thing happened rang 111 ambulance sent they thought I was having a heart attack !
Morphine administrated ,scan,gall bladder whipped out next day!
Apparently hrt can cause gall stones so maybe something to have checked out   ;)

coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »

Far better to be safe than sorry. I once whisked myself off to a and e with what I'd decided was an aortic aneurism at worst or a burst ulcer at best for it to be severe abdominal gas due to ibs. Oops.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 05:38:54 PM »

You had good care!  Take care with the Omeprozane though  :-\ ……… sometimes I get those types of pain, it's awful when the acid reflux goes into the lower chin area, with the Germ I've had in recent weeks I've had a lot of reflux  >:(rennies, lots of, helps; as does not taking medication too late at night!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:51:33 PM by CLKD »

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »

Don't be embarrassed - graveyards are full of people who were too embarrassed to get their 'indigestion' checked out.  Better safe than sorry.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 03:25:41 AM »

The medics would far rather you checked things out only to be found all is fine, than not and die! I was embarrassed the first time I had a gall stone attack. Like you DH rang 111 and ended up being checked out in hospital, with an ambulance run. By the time the paramedics got to our house, all had calmed down. I felt a fraud, but they were having none of it and I was carted off. They don't take chances.

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:44:11 AM »

Thanks everyone, yeah better to be safe than sorry! I just felt at the time it was all such a waste of resources  ???
I still can't believe that indigestion/acid reflux etc could hurt sooo much  :o

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »

I can, it really hurts to the point it stops you from moving at times.