Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sequential bleed  (Read 3411 times)

Dollydream

Sequential bleed
« on: May 25, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »

Hi, I'm 51 and was put on Kliofem combined too early which didn't suit me and gave me a lot of breakthrough bleeding.  I stopped it 3 weeks ago and have had a break from HRT since then.   I now have a prescription of Femoston 1/10 sequential to start as and when.  I am going on holiday on 24th July and if possible want to avoid the bleeding occurring during that week.  Can anyone give me an idea on how long after finishing the packet, does the bleed start, so I can try and work out when to start taking it?  Thank you xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Sequential bleed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »

Dollydream -  Femoston is a good one to try as it tends to suit many women very well.  The bleed should start about 2-3 days after finishing the first whole packet and started the next oestrogen only pills.  If you are post meno then you may find you don't get much of a bleed int eh first month as it takes while for the oestrogen to build up.
Have a great holiday and do let us now how you get on with Femoston.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »

Did you bleed at all after stopping the Kliofem? If not then as Dancinggirl says you probably won't have much of a lining build up in the two weeks you take Femoston oestrogen only part. Some women start to bleed towards the end of the progestogen part but as she says you may well not get much of a bleed at first.

If you still have an (irregular) cycle then there is no way of knowing though!

Hope you enjoy your holiday anyway :)

Hurdity x

Dollydream

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »

Thanks for your replies Dancinggirl and Hurdity.  Hurdity -  bleeding stopped after stopping Kliofem and I then took Prempak C possibly too soon after and the bleeding started again so I stopped taking it altogether, rested my body from HRT and got my prescription changed to Femoston as it was recommended. I will probably start taking it in the next couple of weeks to try and get the bleeding to occur before I go away in July x