Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: hair loss  (Read 2468 times)

dolly64

hair loss
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »

Hi,for  quite a while now I have noticed I seem to be losing a lot of hair when I wash and brush it.but yesterday when applying my make up in an unrushed way I noticed one eyebrow has gone ridiculously thin and sparse,the other one still looks ok.Is this something others have had and is just another thing that is down to hormones.
dolly.

Elizabethrose

Re: hair loss
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:52:01 PM »

Hi Dolly64

Oh yes this all sounds very familiar. My eyebrows were always darker than my hair, needed plucking and pretty much statement shaped!. Hah, now they are sparse from the middle out on both but particularly the left one, curly(!), faded in colour to sort of nothing, with some grey thrown in for good measure. Oh the joys!

I use an eyebrow pencil to 'create' my old eyebrows but it takes an age to achieve a natural look as I hate the current trend for thick, solid eyebrows.

As for my hair, don't get me started! I've always had very thick hair. I lost a massive amount after my first pregnancy though thank goodness it all came back. I then lost a massive amount after taking a horrendous drug to try to treat my migraines, again it grew back. Then lost a massive amount (my hairdresser felt at least 50%) whilst being treated with various combinations of HRT, again to try to treat my migraines. When it started growing back I looked like I had a mohican!! Such a good look!

My hair is still pretty thick but very much thinner around my hairline. It seems to have receded more on my left side so I've moved my parting to accommodate this!! Haha, I might be giving Donald Trump a run for his money pretty soon!

Liz

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »

Oh yes! My eyebrows are very sparse and thin now - have to use eyebrow powder without fail........ it's a right pain!

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:03:05 AM »

Mine have got white hairs and appear to have gaps!  I dye them at home with an Eyelure kit and then fill in the gaps!