Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Availability of estradot  (Read 7843 times)

Grumpymum

Availability of estradot
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »

Hi, I've not been on here in a while. I have issues with my daughter's dyslexia which is taking up a lot of time and worry and my meno has taken a backseat!

Anyway, I've just been for a repeat prescription of estradot 75 to be told they can't get hold of them at the moment as there is a manufacturing problem. Has anyone else been told this recently? Boots are usually good at sourcing prescriptions.😟

Joyce

Re: Availability of estradot
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »

Same problem with Estradot 25. My prescription went in 2 months ago & chemist still can't source it. GP had to change me to Evorel.

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

I too had this problem so got the Estradot 100 and cut if down a bit, have wondered about the gel but this as worked well for me and no panics about it not coming in,

Grumpymum

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »

Boots have told me it's the same for all the strengths. I've got a few weeks in hand so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. I've tried other patches and I've only stuck with these because they are so small to keep the size of the irritation down. Allergic to the gel as well. Otherwise, I'll have to consider tablets. Thanks ladies 😕

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »

OO-er that doesn't bode well - I've never had a problem - so far..... perhaps try other pharmacies who might have some spare stock?

Hurdity x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »

I need a repeat of the 50 estradot, was thinking of asking to try the estrogel so perhaps I will use the opportunity to change.
Are the Evorel ones bigger?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 01:52:18 PM »

I always have Vagifem supply problems with our Boots store and we have three in the area...but our Sainsburys always have them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »

Sometimes it is due to other Countries paying what the Pharmaceutical companies charge, which is what the British Government has problems with  >:(.  Is your GP aware of the problem?

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »

Evorel 25 are about 4 times bigger than Estradot 25 Tinkerbell. Work just as well, they irritate my skin slightly, in that my skin goes rather pink, but not itchy. I need to ask my GP for more tomorrow when I see him.

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »

Sometimes it is due to other Countries paying what the Pharmaceutical companies charge, which is what the British Government has problems with 

This is the reason I had to go onto generic levothyroxine.  It took over 12 months to find a brand of generic that suited me  :(

Winterose

Re: Availability of estradot - swithched to Evorel any comments on Everol
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 04:08:31 PM »

My pharmacy are unable to get Estradot in any size, does anyone know what the problem Is? Have been switched to Evorel - anyone experience of Everol - they are a lot bigger and heard they are more likely to make you put on weight but wonder why that would be if its all the same hormone?

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »

Even my GP doesn't have a clue what's happened with Estradot. He switched me to Evorel & I've been fine.

Winterose

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 07:31:02 PM »

Id read comments that some ladies boobs had increased dramatically - really dont want that , however early days, will call Estradot  makers and see what its about,

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 07:55:53 PM »

Good luck Winterose. I tried emailing & apart from one of these automated replies, have heard no more.

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 07:56:44 PM »

Oh no - I'm due to order some soon...... :(

Hurdity  x
Pages: [1] 2 3