Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 6842 times)

TropicalVon69

Re: Sertraline
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »

Just took my wee girl to school n crashed....adrenaline zimgers......now feel very depressed....I was like this last week too though....please let these help as not coping very well....hope your day is good

Justjules

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »

TV, if it continues ask your GP for some diazepam for a couple of weeks - just a very low dose to take the edge of the side affects.  It's quite common that GPs give you these as sometimes we can't cope with the side affects.

Good luck.x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »

Thanks Jules I have diazepam on hand.....just fed up feeling mentally and physically drained doing the simplest of things...
.so exhausted x

SadLynda

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »

Sertraline is a life saver for me.  I started on 50g at the beginning of December 2015, 3 months later went up too 100g, so been on them 6 months and feeling better than I have in years, as time went on I got better and with the increase better still, not numb to feelings either still have the odd downer but it does not last and I can push the brain cell back to positive, could not do that before either.  Only side effect I had was nausea for first few days and I ordered some of those sweets you can get for chemo nausea and pregnancy nausea they worked a treat, though not so sure boiled sweets would not be just as good and a lot cheaper.

I do hope you start to feel better soon, I have been there so do know what it is like.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 06:35:30 PM »

Thanks Lynda....good to hear another positive story   :)....I have felt pretty down today but a bit better now.....really do hope these will help....so great they've helped you and you're feeling good  :)

Vanessa1

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 07:33:59 AM »

Agreed; great to hear another positive story!  I'm on day 6 now of 25 mg;  just easing myself into it slowly before I up it to 50 mg.  Hope you have a better day today Von, it's early days yet  :)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »

Thanks Vanessa.....just feel a horrible emptiness inside.....keeping fingers crossed.....hope you have a good day xxx

elliebean

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 02:22:56 PM »

Funnily enough, I was very sensitive to most AD side effects until I tried Sertraline. I took Sertraline for a couple of years when I was in a very stressful job with a bully of a boss and it helped my depression, but more importantly, my anxiety such a lot. I started with 25 mgs and built up slowly. I eventually stabilised on 100 mgs.

I hope you can stick with it, TropicalVon69. Good luck.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 04:16:05 PM »

Thanks Ellie, all these positive stories are encouraging and thanks for the well wishes...I sure do hope they help

TropicalVon69

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 06:29:25 AM »

Hi Vanessa....hows it going..
Upped mime to 50mg yesterday as didn't feel 25 was working....fimgers crossed 😊....hoping to feel better very soon x

Vanessa1

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »

Hiya, Von, not tooooo bad;  felt a bit panicky this morning but went for a 30 minute walk in work and managed to 'walk it off'!  I'm starting 50 mg tomorrow too - fingers crossed hey?  Have a nice weekend xx

TropicalVon69

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »

Hi Vanessa, woke up with a panic attack this morning, not had one this bad for a while.....took diazepam......hope this is just a sign its working  8)

kew

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »

I've been on Sertraline 50g for a week now prescribed for anxiety. Take mine in the evenings to minimise any side effects. Main one has been nausea but this seems to be lessening.  Definitely not so emotional anymore, and I can switch off which is better but do feel a bit like I couldn't care less about most things.  Sleeping is still rubbish, have no problems going to sleep but tend to wake up about 2am and then can't get back to sleep.  Sleep was poor before taking AD so can't really attribute it to the Sertraline.

Interesting to read how others are getting on with it, let's hope that it helps us  :)
Pages: 1 [2]