Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 5645 times)

Jube

Re: Help please
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »

I have been taking elleste duet since September and it has made me feel so much better. I sleep better, hardly any night sweats or hot flushes, libido returned !!, no aches and no bad side effects - so far. Give it a try - it may work for you !!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »

Thanks jube that's so good to hear...I've seemed to read nothing but bad things...did you get told to take it on your first day of your next period?  :)

Jube

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 06:18:09 AM »

I wasn't having many periods
so I was told to start taking it straight away.
There's usually a leaflet in the box with instructions on when to start taking it.
If you decide to try it remember to give it three months at least - but I felt better within about a month :)

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 09:57:43 AM »

Hi Peroxideblader

:welcomemm:

These are the instructions for Elleste Duet 1 mg:

This product is a continuous sequential HRT. One white tablet to be taken daily for the first 16 days, followed by one pale green tablet for the next 12 days. A new cycle should then begin without any break. Therapy may start at any time in patients with established amenorrhoea or who are experiencing long intervals between spontaneous menses. In patients who are menstruating, it is advised that therapy starts on the first day of bleeding. Patients changing from another cyclical or continuous sequential preparation should complete the cycle and may then change to Elleste Duet 1mg without a break in therapy. Patients changing from a continuous combined preparation may start therapy at any time if amenorrhoea is established, or otherwise start on the first day of bleeding.

Therefore if you are having regular periods then start on Day 1 of your bleed as indicated.

The fact that your periods are becoming close together - indicates you are in the late reproductive stage before peri-menopause. Hormonal changes do begin to occur at this time even though ovulation still occurs regularly. Unfortunately some women do begin to experience menopausal symptoms at this point such as you are experiencing - ie bladder issues and flushes and sweats. Have you had a full blood tests to check for other possible issues eg thyroid etc?

It is likely to be the hormonal fluctuations which are causing your symptoms (although not sure about the bladder?) - and a low dose HRT should help to regulate your cycle.

Regarding Elleste vs Femoston - I would go for Femoston every time, if your bleeds are not overly heavy - because the progestogen in Femoston is closer to our own progesterone and better tolerated. Sometimes the norethisterone in the Elleste (during the combi tabs part - second phase of the cycle) can cause a temporary increase in night sweats etc. No reason why you shouldn't try it out though? There will be thousands of women taking it quite happily without problems - but we don't hear from them!

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:27 PM »

Thank you for all that info you worried me when you say I'm not peri menopause now as I've eliminated all other options including thyroid adrenal glands and more blood tests than I can count so I hope it is peri. This is the final possible cause and as I don't speak to my mum and have no close friends this is the only place I can ask anyone for advice. I have to admit my lovely neighbour was on femoston for 15 years so I'm going to ring my doctor and ask her to prescribe that instead of elleste. I can't start til my next period which is 2 weeks off so I've time to change. I just hope my side effects aren't too bad I've spent the last 3 years as a guinea pig for other illnesses and the side effects have knocked me out. Weight gain is a big worry I've rocked either women who have stopped hrt because of a lot of weight gain and I can't risk that as I have an eating disorder so weight is a big issue for me. I read that elleste can make you gain lots of weight in the first 3 months but I've not read about femoston and weight do you know anything about that side..thanks

dahliagirl

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »

I have had both Elleste and Femoston and not had any weight gain.

There is supposed to be redistribution of body fat after menopause, so it goes more to your middle.  It should be ok if you eat healthily and do some exercise that you enjoy.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 05:06:28 PM »

My neighbor had no weight gain on it but I remember my step mum came off it due to weight gain...I already exercise everyday and duet to keep my weight down so I really hope it doesn't go up..x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

Peroxideblader - really no need to worry as it is a matter of definition. As I said, this stage immediately before the clinical definition of peri-menopause (which some loosely refer to peri-menopause anyway) is referred to as the late reproductive stage because ovulation is still occurring regularly and cycles are still regular. There are already hormonal changes occurring at this time which some women (such as yourself) are very sensitive to - depending on their own hormonal make-up, so this is absolutely normal - what you are describing. It is just a matter of definition - the processes are still all happening. If you did nothing then after the periods getting closer together you would most likely start missing them and the lengthening cycles and their greater irregularity signals the "official" start of peri-menopause ( according to the definitions) . However if you start to take HRT at this point then as I said it will hopefully regulate your cycle ( to be approx 28 days) and help with the symptoms you are getting.

I was very lucky in that I did not get the classic menopausal symptoms of flushes and sweats until my periods had stopped for a few months.

Hope this clarifies? Good luck with your quest to find a suitable HRT and hope whatever you choose, works for you :)

Hurdity x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

Thanks I'm going to forget the elleste as I'm prone to nausea on any tablet and I'm asking for the lowest dose femoston I start it in 2 or 3 weeks depending on when my next period starts it's very erratic...thanks for all your advice everyone I'm sure I'll be on here for a long time  :)
Pages: 1 [2]