Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Night Sweats return!!  (Read 2086 times)

breeze

Night Sweats return!!
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »

Hi

I'm 3 years plus post meno and my flushes more or less went with my periods.  Now I am finding am getting night sweats again.  Only once or twice a week maybe, but a damn nuisance none the less.

Has anyone else had this experience, or is it just me. 

breeze

Hurdity

Re: Night Sweats return!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »

Hi breeze - oestrogen levels fall to their all time low approx 2 years post-menopause on average - so this is when some women get a worsening of symptoms or in your case, a resumption.

How old are you? If the sweats become bothersome then you could try a low dose HRT - oestrogen will certainly help - but if you have a uterus you have to take a progestogen as well and getting this right sometimes causes a few problems initially.

Hurdity x

clare663

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »

Hi Breeze. I to had a return of the night sweats along with the other symptoms after a break of nearly 2 years (im 5yrs meno). Ive been put on the Evorel conti patches which have stopped them and the flushes have nearly vanished also. My Doctor explained that your hormones do not just drop and keep dropping, but fluctuate over a long period of time.

breeze

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »

Thank you both,

There was me thinking it was all done and dusted.  I am just past 60 and not inclined  towards HRT so it looks like it's back to flush prevention.  Easy on the spicy food, alcohol etc. Bugger.

Well at least I can now put other causes to the back of my mind.  Hormones are a pain but it could be worse.

breeze

Machair

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »

Breeze does that mean you were 57 when you had your last period? If so I am not alone! Hope you are feeling well and that the night sweats abate soon it must be very tiring.