Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some advice please.  (Read 5879 times)

BrightLight

Re: Some advice please.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 05:04:42 PM »

Hi GRL - I have such a basic understanding of HRT and haven't tried it but from reading it seems that one needs to take enough to override the natural hormone production or you will continue to have highs and lows, dosing differently each day sounds a bit haphazard and as you have been a long while feeling out of sorts, maybe that isn't the best approach for you  (?)

How are you getting on with the AD's?  Sorry, I think I have lost track somewhere along the line :)  I think you must have seen Prof Studd in the meantime as I remember you were thinking of stopping HRT completely and seeing if the AD's alone would help, alongside your own hormones, which do seem to still be doing 'there thing' x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »

Hi Brightlight

Yes, I actually stopped HRT 10 days ago, and made the decision to just take my AD.

I then had several 'good' days last week which I attributed to the AD finally working. But when I checked against my diary, I realised the days I had felt better tallied with increases in my own oestrogen ie day 8, days 12-13, days 18-19.

I have a 26 day cycle, and those days tallied quite precisely with when my oestrogen would be rising. Infact I found a graph on a website plotting oestrogen and progesterone surges throughout the month, and my 'good' days tallied precisely with the rises in oestrogen on that graph.

So I feel like I'm back to square one, with my anxiety/depression firmly controlled by my own hormonal cycle and my AD possibly not doing much.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

Hi GRL

You know what? I could have written your last post!  I'm so confused and indecisive and possibly taking an AD that's not doing very much against the power of hormones.

I really can't understand how you can have a few good days together, then an awful one unless it's hormonal.  So my next task is to find out how to override my own cycle.  I got totally jittery on 1 pump to start off with, so can't imagine what it'd be like to have 4 pumps.

Mis71Mum xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »

ps - just one quick question? you are having your own cycle so would have your own oestrogen.  I am not having my own cycle.  So why would you need to take the gel for 6 weeks without anything else?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 04:16:53 PM »

I agree. I just don't get how over a 10 day period, mid cycle, I got several good days and then a few nasty ones. Sometimes mood changing dramatically mid day!

And yet I had been taking an AD for 2 months. Are our hormones really THAT strong they can overide an AD to such an extent?

I think Studd wanted the estrogel to build in my system before using any Utro.

He wasn't remotely bothered about my going 2 months without Utro, and dismissed me needing a scan.

BrightLight

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 06:26:57 PM »

It is so hard when we feel so rubbish and we can't find the solution :( I can only suggest what I think I suggested before and that is to stop HRT for a good few months.  I really do believe that if you were having a regular cycle then perhaps you didn't need HRT - I am not taking it as you know, so I know I probably don't understand quite how it can be used at various stages of menopause. I do think that hot flushes and dryness are clear indicators for it and that sometimes, as in my case, these have happened but not remained. So I am thinking the best bet for some is to wait until symptoms are ongoing and enough to cause interference with everyday life.

I DO appreciate you are having symptoms that are interferring with life and have done for some time, I still think that it isn't clear HRT is the solution at the moment and you have wondered this yourself too.  To give things a chance without might help you tune into yourself 'au naturel' and see :) It doesn't sound like the AD's are helping, maybe you could try different ones?

I appreciate my view isn't your chosen path right now. You sound so unsure about it all and in truth I think that you are trying to manage a really complex thing - changing body chemistry. My suggestion is based on a simpler approach which personally, with anxiety issues, I find easier to deal with x
Pages: 1 [2]