Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bloody glasses  (Read 9005 times)

TropicalVon69

Bloody glasses
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »

Ok so I have lost 3 pairs of glasses in the last week....offs!!!!...cant bloody see properly unto new ones I ordered come....week before it was keys.....what the hell is happening....think the big man upstairs I having a laugh lol...been in tears...anyone else have this?

booboo

Re: Bloody glasses
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »

YEEEEES!!  I have been plagued by a glasses gremlin for the last four years, I swear I have one and he/they its highly amusing to hide my glasses... I think I must have bought around 15 pairs - plus 2  prescription ones and they just disappear into thin air .. I am sure that I don't lose them when I am out - but can I find them! can I eck..

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »

Thanks booboo....so glad its not just me....bloody frustrating though n getting headaches til my new ones come....gaaah....honestly just put them down and hey presto, vanished um maybe  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »

Certainly is frustrating  >:(  ::) - I put mine down and spend hours each day searching  :-\.  I tried to keep mine in appropriate cases but that didn't work.  My vari-vocals are the same colour as  my distance glasses so the 3 pairs are side by side on the table - waiting 4 me to sort them  ::)

When I kept chickens they often ended up on top of the coop  ::)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

Lol clkd I empathise...just seem to get myself in a state though....damn hormones!!!...lolling at your chickens ;D

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »

I have two pairs. One pair always in drawer beside bed, others usually in living room, but not always.  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »

I just have one pair of varifocals - if I'm not in bed asleep they're on my head - why so many pairs ?????

I wear varifocals all the time but on Tuesday the lens dropped out  :'( I've sticky taped the lens in, I don't think it's a look that's going to be in fashion magazines any time soon but I can still see  ;D

Anyway I only have a sunglasses 2nd pair of my prescription but I've had an eye test today and when I choose new frames I'm going to get two pairs to be on the safe side.

Scampi

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:02 PM »

I had my eyes tested at Asda yesterday - not got the glasses yet, but their prices were too good to resist!  I have a strong prescription, and I have 2 pairs - single vision for my 'usual' pair and varifocals for my 'reading' pair which grade from reading prescription to middle-distance - these are called occupational varifocals and are perfect for me as I work with computers all the time.  My last glasses cost over £200 per pair - cheap frames, but expensive lenses by the time I'd added thinning and photochromic to my single vision pair, the just the cost of varifocals.  And they never qualify for offers because of the extras.

Asda do varifocals, thining, scratch resistance and anti-glare at no extra cost and the only charged extra for me is photochromic lenses.  And their '2 for' offer covers different lens options as long as they are for the some customer.  So, I can get my 2 pairs with nice designer frames for a total of £140 - £120 of which is covered by the hospital fund I pay into at work!  Result.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »

I have a pair in the house and the spare/s in the camper/suitcase. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:38:06 PM »

The 2 for ones have never worked for me by the time you have added the varifocal (only cheapest option available) extra thin (not available) frames (only a certain selection - don't fit) etc.  I have had sunglasses successfully.

A friend who has very complex and normally very expensive prescriptions tried out Asda and was very happy with the result.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 04:36:39 PM »

A couple of years ago hubby bought new glasses, they were Varifocals with extra this and extra that coating etc and cost about £350.  He went  out on the Sunday morning (without me I hasten to add!) put them on a fence post while he tied his shoelace and walked off. Realised 10 mins later he had left them behind, when straight back and they'd gone.

Checked several times at police station and they were never handed in.  >:( >:(

Dulciana

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »

Contacts for me - hassle-free  ::)   

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 03:48:52 AM »

I used to lose my glasses all the time, so it was almost a relief when I had to have glasses all the time as they were usually on my nose! Now DH is the one losing his glasses, keys and wallet and he hasn't got menopause to blame!

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 08:48:43 AM »

My husband never has his reading glasses when he needs them.   He has reading glasses and driving glasses but doesn't need distance glasses so he can't be persuaded to bifocals or varifocals yet.

I have had varifocals for years, they go on when I get dressed and come off when I go to bed.  I have a nice pair and a 'scratting about at home with the dog' pair and a pair of sunglasses.

Dulciana

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 07:58:22 PM »

Yes, they are, Hasty.
Pages: [1] 2