Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: changed from Oestrogel to Livial VA symptoms returned  (Read 3190 times)

warwick01

changed from Oestrogel to Livial VA symptoms returned
« on: May 18, 2016, 10:54:29 AM »

Morning Ladies.

I have been using Livial for 4 weeks with some improvements sleeping better, mood more stable vertigo a little better. I changed for 3 pumps of oestrogel with separate progesterone.

However since Sat thought it was cystitis but feels like infection. I have burning down below, a dragging feeling in my tummy, vaginitis (fishy smell) also urge incontinence. I suffered like this 5 years ago prior to HRT :(.

I wonder if this is due to stopping oestrogel?? and will it settle??

Anyone else had this problem??

Wxx

Jenna

Re: changed from Oestrogel to Livial VA symptoms returned
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »

Hi warwick01 - that sounds like bacterial vaginosis, so I would see your GP. Here is some info about it:

http://www.embarrassingproblems.com/problem/vaginal-vulva-problems/fishy-smell

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

Thanks Jenna

The link has useful information.

We women do suffer :-\

Wxx

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »

We do indeed Warwick, but that particular problem should be easily sorted. You might also want to look at using a vaginal moisturiser to help keep the pH of your vagina at a healthy level to prevent it from happening again. I use 'Yes' water-based (available on prescription), but there are others. Have a look at the 'Yes' website where it explains it all!

All the best,

Jenna x :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »

I use Multi Gyn Actigel to keep this type of infection under control.  I have tried all sorts off things but find this is then best. DG x

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl, I tried Multi Gyn Actigel myself, but it gave me the most terrible thrush-type itching and I also managed a vertigo attack the same night as well (probably just coincidence!), so I didn't dare use it again! 'Yes' water- based is the only moisturiser that has helped me, which is why I always drone on about it! I know you like Sylk as well, but that irritated me! If only the same product would just help everyone, things would be a lot easier! :)

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:57 PM »

Thanks Ladies,

Following advice a few days ago DG I ordered the Gyn actigel (delivered today) hope it doesn't give me vertigo, already suffer with that due to hormones >:(

It seems a coincidence these problems have all started since stopping oestrogel and staring the Livial. Lets hope things settle soon....... drinking lots of water and will use the actigel later.

Wxx

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »

I had a look at the patient information leaflet for Livial, and it does list as side effects:

'vaginal problems such as more secretions, itching, irritation and thrush'  and
 'vaginal infections', so you were right, Warwick01!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »

warick - there is nothing in Multi Gyn that could cause vertigo!!!!  I am only recommending Multi Gyn Actigel as I have found to be very effective.  The itching that Jenna describes is also a strange effect :-\. I suspect Jenna is very allergic to things - if you are concerned, then do look at the ingredients and if you think you are allergic to anything in it then don't use it.  I am very sensitive to many products but have been fine on Multi Gyn.   Multi Gyn Actigel is designed to restore the healthy balance in the vaginal area and combat the chance of thrush and bacteria taking hold and causing itching, soreness etc.  I find it reduces the UTI type irritation. Everyone does need to find a product that works for them and if it's just moisturisation you need then the water based lubricant will be very good.  However, I have treated strange discharge and thrush very successfully with Multi Gyn and have found regular use to be a good preventative.  I must stress there are other products e.g. Hyalofemme
BTW - I think odd vaginal secretions, itching, thrush etc. are common side effects stated in the leaflets of any HRT (not just Livial) also with BCPs. Don't forget vaginal itching, soreness, vaginal infections and UTIs are common post meno symptoms as well.  DG x

warwick01

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

Hi - well GP sec rang to say the sample I sent in today shows infection. GP has prescribed Nitrofurantoin 50mg. Never had these, has anyone taken them??

I am very sensitive to medication and always suffer side effects.

Really fed up today >:( >:(

I have applied the gel and taken first antibiotic. Still drinking lots of water. I feel very whiffy :o hope DH doesn't get too close :-X

Thanks for your help - it really helps xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »

warwick - I assume you mean by ‘Whiffy” that this is your ‘lady bits' ??  This should improve as the Vagifem, Sylk etc. do their job and the infection is cleared.  The thing I like about silk is, it has a slight smell that is very similar to how we should smell ‘down there'. Keep us posted.  DG x