Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: PMT after period  (Read 2507 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
PMT after period
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »

Help again please ladies

After a couple of okay weeks, I now seem to have PMT! But my very light period finished yesterdy, so am confused.  Then I thought it could be the oestrogel on!y that I am on but had some fabulous days on that alone.  So without over thinking all this, could it be the withdrawal of the Utrogestan of the fact that my oestrogen levels are low? Very confused by all this and weepy again.

Briony

Re: PMT after period
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »

This was one of the reasons I stopped taking patches and sequential Utrogestan - I got what seemed like delayed PMS, but I later realised it was progesterone withdrawal. Moving to 100mmg daily (despite still having periods) helped massively, but in the end I gave up the continuous regime completely and switched to a BCP. This was because the Utrogestan affected my bladder.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 04:41:52 PM »

I'm beginning to consider the coil for the 1st time. I'm unable to take the pill because of my blood clotting disorder.

When taking F1/10, I felt okay on the first set of tablets, but much better on the combined ones. Was thinking that this was low oestrogen again but now think this was progesterone withdrawal.

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »

Last month was the first time I recorded a low that I could definitely blame withdrawal. The fourth day after the last progesterone I had a terribly blue and weepy day. It lasted most of one day and it came out of the blue and was complete with rolling hot flashes. This was toward the end of my period.  Every month since I began hrt I've been anxious during the estrogen only time, but since increasing the estrogen it is only in the second week of estrogen only. I'm about to move into that second week again and if the weird anxiety comes this week, I'm probably going to beg for the 100 mg daily. It's so confusing trying to sort what's low estrogen and balance everything.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:40:22 AM »

Hi Lizab

Yes I know what you mean. How many pumps are you on? You know my progesterone withdrawal started on Day 4 too. I've had mood swings, got fed up with husband and bickered with him.

It's weird though my nose is running, I wake up shivering and feel sick and still have a few flushes, so I think my oestrogen is still quite low. My period is about 2 teaspoons worth over 5 days.

I personally think now that I am getting further into peri.... In July last year, I was getting 3 periods in 28 days so had to stop HRT because I thought I had too much oestrogen. Stopped HRT and had no natural bleeding. Then had 2 natural ones 28 days apart earlier in the year, one very light and one heavy! It's shame peri isn't a bit like labour, once you've got through all the stages, it's finished!