Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can I use Vagifem during period?  (Read 16463 times)

Miss Lemon

Can I use Vagifem during period?
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »

Ok, so I've been using Vagifem for a couple of weeks now. I've done the two week load and about to start my twice a week dose tonight but Aunt Flo has decided to visit today; after a three month absence. My GP knows I'm still having periods, albeit very irregular ones and didn't mention this when she prescribed the VF.

Can I still take my dose tonight? I can't find a definite answer on the web. The VF has completely eased my VA symptoms and I'm feeling sooooo comfy now that I don't want to stop it.

Any advice lovely peeps?

Tinkerbell

Re: Can I use Vagifem during period?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

I did :) quite ok to do so.
I haven't had a period for a year but now have spotting with mirena and am still using my Vagifem.
You may find it is not so effective if you are bleeding heavily, but you don't want to stop using it.
I used to use an extra dose the week after I finished as well. You can safely use it every day, and most doctors seem to be ok with 5 times a week as that is equivalent To what the old dose was......2 x 25mcg.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:25:43 PM by Tinkerbell »

Miss Lemon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:29:13 PM »

Great, thanks Tinkerbell. I'm guessing that I shouldn't use tampons?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

If you are using Vagifem at night, it would have dissolved by morning and you can use them during the day. Again, I did :)

Miss Lemon

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »

Thanks Tinkerbell!  :-*

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »

I use Vagifem, tampons and vaginal Utrogestan sometimes two of these at the same time! I am on HRT two monthly cycle -  so for 12 days x two months I insert Utrogestan at night. Twice a week I still need to insert my vaginal oestrogen so on those mornings I pop a Vagifem up there. Then when I start bleeding I use tampons (instead of the Utrogestan) and still need to insert the Vagifem I just shove 'em both up there! However I also have some Gynest cream so I use a blob of this on the end of the tampon as well to help insert it ( as I'm older and well post-meno it gets very dry using tampons at 63!!!). The Vagifem is supposed to stick to the vaginal walls and graudally release the oestrogen - so the way I see it some will get absorbed and some may get caught up in the tampon - as Tinkerbell says - just use an extra one or two either during the bleed or after or both, just to make sure :)

Hurdity x

Miss Lemon

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 09:00:24 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. I'm so glad I don't have to stop the Vagifem.

Thanks both! X