Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wondering if I need testosterone??  (Read 6690 times)

dangermouse

Re: Wondering if I need testosterone??
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 05:07:18 PM »

I did some research last night and too low causes irritability, frustration and anger so it seems to be at both ends.

All the andropause sites talk about anger from low testosterone and, like with oestrogen it's all linked to the adrenal glands. So too much causes high adrenaline and too little causes the same to compensate.

I'd think maybe it was just with men as they would have a more substantial drop but Studd gave my friend the Testim gel to control her anger. However, if those who use it don't find it helps in this way best not to use it as a key sign of it being needed.

Tempest

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »

That's really interesting, dangermouse! Thank you for taking the trouble to do the research and bringing it here to share. I've learned something new today!😊xxx

dangermouse

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »

You're welcome! It's all fascinating stuff, the old hormones.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Please can you post links dangermouse? I am interested in what you are finding out.  I would be surprised that low T in women did cause this ie anger etc - surely we can't extrapolate from men to women - their whole hormonal "milieu" (as one website referred to it) is different?

Our endocrine system is extremely complex as you have pointed out with hormonal effects overlapping and subject to intricate feedback mechanisms. I think there is a lot that still is not understood - especially about oestrogen and its effects.

Testosterone in women is woefully under-researched!

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »

Thanks dangermouse - these refer to men though....

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]