Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Novel tip for riding out adrenaline rushes  (Read 3329 times)

dangermouse

Novel tip for riding out adrenaline rushes
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »

I'm still settling back into my pill, as had a week with lower oestrogen when was trying something, and have been getting the adrenaline rushes again off and on. I used to try to do or watch something relaxing to help ride them out or take a beta blocker if they were really bad.

However... I just watched something really scary on TV and it was perfect as it matched my physical state, so instead I just enjoyed the fear even more!  :o

Perception really does change the experience.

lisa789

Re: Novel tip for riding out adrenaline rushes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

You're spot on with that and it's something my therapist explained to me. I got where I was scared to exercise as my mind associated the out of breath feeling with the onset of a panic attack. Now if I feel a panic attack coming on I have to start and exercise to fool my mind into thinking the breathlessness is from exercise and not panic. If it'll work is another matter but I'll try anything.

bramble

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »

If you change the way you look at things,
The things you look at change.

Thought that may be appropriate!

Bramble

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:01 PM »

I did read somewhere that if you suffer from stage fright (not an actor so not had this  ;D ) that it only really can last for about 10 minutes, because that is how long you produce the adrenaline for.  So if you can ride that out, you should be ok.

So there is probably something in it.  I spend a lot of time trying to breathe and watch calming things etc  and it can be an uphill task.  Probably worth trying a really silly scary movie first  :o  Expend the adrenaline on something that doesn't matter  ;)

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:34:57 PM »

Vitamin C is good for cortisol but I get the ester-c from boots, a bit dearer but not as acidic, and it helps with cortisol, cos cortisol is really bad on a morning and afternoon, it makes me worrry about things that i would not normally consider a worry, but am convinced its a problem when cortisol is running high.
If anyone tries ester-c and finds it helps cortisol adrenaline rushes please let me know, cos not many people know about it
thanks