Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: femseven patches V femoston 2/10  (Read 2846 times)

robotwars

femseven patches V femoston 2/10
« on: May 13, 2016, 07:28:45 PM »

Hi, im using fenseven sequi patches but I went to my Gp yesterday who said that all my symptoms are due to lack of estrogen, so he wants me to change to femoston 2/10, is this a lot stronger than the patches, I looked on the information at the top and im so confused with mcg and mg...... lol - im really concerned it will cause my stomach problems/IBS to flare up even worse.... I prefer the patches as it doesn't go through the liver so thought this was a safer option for me to use, but so worried about changing to the femsoton 2/10...... has anybody else tried this?

Hurdity

Re: femseven patches V femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »

Hi robotwars - sorry your post seems to have got missed. I can't help you with the Femoston as I've never taken it but yes it does go through the liver and is not recommended for those with stomach/digestive problems.

The reason you take a much higher dose of oestrogen in tablet hRT is because much of it is lost in the digestive system whereas with patches it is absorbed directly through the skin. Also the patch dose is given as the daily absorption amount whereas the tablet gives the total amount of oestrogen in the tablet - which of course is also taken daily!

If you need to increase your oestrogen then you can't do this with a combi patch because the only two available are 50 mcg - so you will have to ask your doc for separate oestrogen and progesterone. He should know this and respect your decision to want to keep to transdermal oestrogen.

You can get oestrogen only patches - listed here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php and there are Femseven ones as you can see. The you will need a progestogen. There are only two to choose from - Provera and Utrogestan ( micronised progesterone).  http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php The latter is bio-identical to the one our bodies make so is the most natural but can also cause side effects as with all progestogens. You might want to print off the info for your doc!

Re Femoston - how much oestrogen you get from the tablets will depend on how much you absorb after digestion and this can vary if you have IBS especially, so the dose could be less consistent. Hopefully someone who has used Femoston will be along soon as well - to let you know how they got on!

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

robotwars

Re: femseven patches V femoston 2/10
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »

thanks Hurdity