Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone taking setraline  (Read 2395 times)

Tinkerbellj

Anyone taking setraline
« on: May 11, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »

Just been prescribed this for pnd.......I do not have a good history with ads wondering if it helped anyone? Thanks so much not havin a good day x

dangermouse

Re: Anyone taking setraline
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:25:36 PM »

My Mum was on it for a couple of years to help her through a difficult time (not hormonal). She had tried a couple of the others but they hadn't helped her, so her GP gave her Sertraline as he said it was more anti-anxiety than anti-depressant, so more relaxing than uplifting, and she found it really suited her.

Keepgoing

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »

Hi tinkerbellj the only Ad that has worked for me is seroxat and it is for anxiety and depression. It gets bad press and docs don't like to prescribe it now. Literally saved my life years ago. Before me and the doc realised I was peri couple of years back and my anxiety was out of control tried changing it but nothing worked so back on it. This and hrt and I'm doing great. If your not prepared to be on this AD  for life I wouldn't try it as it has very bad withdrawal effects. I am on it for life and I'm fine with that. Think I would be dead if I wasn't. Hopefully sertraline works for you xx

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49:10 PM »

I tried it as an alternative to HRT at first as my Consultant (surgeon who performed my BSO) was worried about prescribing me HRT due to my history of anaphylaxis to multiple drugs and fillers.

I didn't get on with it as I had an adverse reaction to it,  but I think I'm rather 'unique' so please don't take my experience!

It can raise your anxiety in the early days (1st month or so), so if you find this is happening, your GP should be able to help you with a short course of Diazepam to help you over the 'bump'. Good luck, Tink - and remember to try to be kind to yourself! xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:00:29 PM »

Several ladies have tried it - if you do a 'search' ……….

ricekrispie

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 08:00:14 PM »

Hi

I was on it for a few years. It's the best I ever took. Completely levelled me out as I am bipolar. I was still able to feel and laugh and create though. Loved it.

Dyan

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »

Tinkerbellj- I've not had experience with sertraline so can't say. I'm on Fluoxetine & Mirtazapine for OCD anxiety & depression. I knew of a lady who was on it. Took a while but they worked for her.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »

Thanks everyone knew I could rely on u all for support xx