Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Good Afternoon  (Read 2585 times)

Triangle

Good Afternoon
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »

Hi there  :)

I'm Triangle. From England, 48 years old, female (obviously  :P) and fit many of the online menopausal tick-boxes.

Not had a period for 3 months now (yaaaaay) and after checking I wasn't pregnant ~ twice ~ assume that this could be the start of the end of blood, cramps, feeling bleugh and condoms - hurrah. Going to buy some lube this week.  ;D

Looking forward to taking a look around the forums and getting to know you all.

:cancan:

OMG love some of these smilies.  :boobs:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Good Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »

;D  we have a 'funny' room too ………   :welcomemm:

Things to look out for are well described on here  ::).  As oestrogen levels drop some ladies find that certain parts get dry and itchy: deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes, vagina ………. the latter causing urine infection-type symptoms.  If your GP asks for a urine sample make sure that it is sent to a Lab. for testing as that is the correct way of assuring the 'right' antibiotic treatment.  If no infection, it may well be vaginal atrophy  ::) - oh The Joys  ;)

Browse round.  Make notes.

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 01:11:32 PM »

:welcomemm: Triangle

Triangle

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:26:38 PM »

Thanks CLKD and Dyan.  :)

Interesting about the areas itching other than the obvious *down below*. For the last 18 months I've had occasional dry eyes, itching and gritty. At first thought I was allergic to the rabbit, then thought I was working too hard. It was probably the perimenopause. Which never crossed my mind.

Anyway. My plan is to get through whatever it throws at me with a smile on my face. I'm pretty good at staying positive. I have a physical disability which badly affects mobility, so being cheerful is the only way. I really dislike being beholden to my emotions and so am careful to be mindful most of the time.

Watch me fall apart on you all over the next few weeks now after my gung-ho speech.  ::)  :beat:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »

Hi Triangle

:welcomemm: from me too.

Hurdity :) x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »

This is the place to fall apart and be picked up again  ;)

Don't be afraid to try stuff!  Arm yourself with knowledge so that you have something to discuss with your GP if necessary.  Some ladies find black cohash etc. help initially but when their hormones take over HRT is an option.  Treatment for AV has been wonderful for me. 

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »

Hello there triangle  :welcomemm:

If you fall apart there are plenty of lovely ladies who will be only too happy to help you get back up again.  You may not fall apart, I didn't although I did wobble from time to time and once or twice nearly toppled over.

This place is great, just to read that someone else has, or is having, the same thing as you are worried that you are the only one with, is a great feeling  :).

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »

Another  :welcomemm: from me!

Triangle

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »

You couldn't make this stuff up could you? Not 24 hours after my post here, my period arrived. 3 months I've been waiting.  ;D

Anyway, I'm going to make notes and will be back if and when I need help. Thank you for the lovely warm welcome and see you soonish.

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »

::) ………… keep a mood/food diary.  Eat little and often to ease anxiety surges.  Slow release foods and lots of ginger to stop nausea.  Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »

As your periods come and go so will some of your symptoms - so hopefully you will have been be feeling a little better? A return of periods signals increases in oestrogen as your cycle starts again - and this is when symptoms often disappear or become milder - they did with me anyhow!

Hurdity x