Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Menopause discussion on Womens Hour.  (Read 4948 times)

PEONY

Menopause discussion on Womens Hour.
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »

Hi

There is a discussion on the Meno on Women's Hour NOW. :)  (10.40am Monday)

linz57

Re: Menopause discussion on Womens Hour.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »

Damn, I missed it as I was out of the house. Was it a good discussion?

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »

The only thing I took from it was that the 'upside' of losing your sexuality was that you were ready for a new stage of your life where sex did not get in the way and you could start your own business.

Meh  :-\

linz57

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:23:50 PM »

That old chestnut eh? Stiff upper lip and all that girls, after all it's only natural..... A bit like my doc saying VA is only dryness.... Meh😟

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »

I think there was a bit before it saying that increase in libido before menopause resulted in women fancying having affairs.  So from one extreme to another.

linz57

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »

Nothing informative or constructive then? Oh, if that's all meno entailed life would be so much easier.....

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:02 PM »

I must admit I gave a groan when I heard the part about how menopause frees you from sexual needs and allows you to concentrate on being yourself - free to pursue what you want to pursue. No mention of how you manage to do this while still trying to satisfy a sexually charged patner and also having to look after family members - children, grandchildren, ageing parents etc. with no energy, no patience and sweating every half an hour. It did give me a reason for my sexual behaviour between the ages of 48 and 53 though!

Taz x  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »

Shame it didn't last!!

Taz x  ;D

linz57

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »

Hahaha, good memories though eh ladies? My foggy brain can just about remember it .... ;D

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 09:46:05 PM »

A bit like my doc saying VA is only dryness.... Meh😟

WHATTTTTT?????!!!!!!!  Did you thump him?!!

Meg

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 02:19:54 AM »

Seems so unfair of nature to take away so much when we lose our reproductive capability.  Makes one ponder just why we are in existence if it's all to do with human reproduction!

Meg

linz57

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »

A bit like my doc saying VA is only dryness.... Meh😟

WHATTTTTT?????!!!!!!!  Did you thump him?!!
b

Believe me I wanted to not only thump her but strangle her too. Honestly, the ridiculous things I hear in that surgery at times, maybe I should write a comical book filled with all the quotes. Might be a best seller haha😂

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

Seems so unfair of nature to take away so much when we lose our reproductive capability.  Makes one ponder just why we are in existence if it's all to do with human reproduction!

Meg

Yep that's what nature seems to think. No need to make us look lovely, our skin nice and glowing, our hair all shiny, our breasts nice and pert, other bits nice and lubricated if there is to be no baby at the end of it! How unkind. Not a very  nice Mother!!

Taz x

peegeetip

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

Just listened to the replay. Not exactly the most positive 10 mins of my life.

Why oh why do some ladies insist on trying to push their unsavoury affairs, last hurrah's and now sexless lives on others.
And why does the bbc let them.

All that rubbish about "last chance saloon" and being a good forum for the menopause  :o

Nothing about the husband/partner she probably treated like a leper and kept out of the taboo time (in a lot of cases) !!!

So your drying out and the first thing you want is a dangerous "lover" or 3.  ::)
Thats called mis-selling and lack of hard work in your relationship, not to mention a touch of selfish b**ch.
There are plenty of unsavoury blokes out there to show we really are just adding to a growing statistic proving we are the least reliable age for "safe" sex !!!

Totally one sided topic.

Why not get someone who is enjoying menopause, taking hrt or not and having regular fun with husband or partner to act as a foil to this nonsense.
It is not and should not be the end. Most of us will be like this for 20 to 30 year for goodness sake.

If they can have someone talking frankly on this programme in terms of "D**kpics" --- Why dont these people just logout or switchoff btw...  :-X
Why can't they have the opposite of this "new sexless life" person and have someone who still enjoys a bloody good roll in the hay!!! or words to that effect.
Not all of us want to go to bed with a book.

As for doc saying that, she will have her drying out moment in due course ;)
All good things come to those who havent a clue!

:-*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:05:44 PM by peegeetip »
Pages: [1] 2