Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help does anyone have heat like me??  (Read 5647 times)

sap22

Help does anyone have heat like me??
« on: May 08, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this. I was diagnosed with an embedded bladder infection which started last August and I haven't been the same since.  But I am now trying to piece together a full diagnosis, as I think hormones may be involved. So wanted to hear from anyone who can relate to these symptoms...
Had nervy vaginal pain last week, which has disappeared, but now replaced by HEAT. I have to sit on ice packs! There are no particular bladder symptoms ie urgency or acidic urine or pain upon urination but because of last week's pain I was started me on trimethoprim to see if it helped in case it was bladder related.
I now have this incredible heat down below. It's uncomfortable to even wear pants! I wonder if it's hormone related and am looking into this possibility so I just wanted to know if there's anyone out there who has had this as I feel so d :'(epressed and alone about it - possibly another week off work, as can't sit comfortably at the computer all day and fatigue as well, as can't do what I used to do. Appreciate any comments if you have any. Regards.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help does anyone have heat like me??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:04:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  there is a thread here but I can't remember the name but I think that the ladies had suffered similar 'embedded' symptoms as you describe.  I'm sure someone will be along who knows a little more.

I think you probably require treatment for vaginal atrophy.  As oestrogen levels drop off so the body starts to dry up: ears, eyes, nostrils, skin, vagina  ::) - for me VA was like sitting on razor blades up there  :o so my GP has prescribed Ovestin1mg which is an oestrogen application on a regular basis.

'my bladder' describes my symptoms  ::)

Beaker

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »

Poor you sounds like you're having a tough time of it. I have had dreadful sweating in the groin area recently (and heat too though I was more conscious of the sweating in that area if I'm honest). I have to wear light (linen style) trousers at work to avoid being soaked. I imagine with the added complication of embedded bladder infection that the heat symptom is even worse as it is a side effect of infection as well as of menopause. I hope the infection problem gets sorted for you and HRT does help too and wearing linen clothes but I'm afraid cannot offer you any constructive advice other than that. Could you request a referral to a gynaecologist?

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »

I have answered you on another group we are both on , I to have an embedded infection and VA vagianl atrophy.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:35:57 PM »

:thankyou:  Maryjane - we have a thread here though  :-\

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

Yes CLKD 😊 it was a way of short handing it so to speak. 💐

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »

That's OK but I was thinking more about ladies who need to know …….. and of course, meno-brain here can't remember the thread title nor what to put into the search box >sigh< - I'll probably remember in the early hours …...

sap22

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »

:welcomemm:  there is a thread here but I can't remember the name but I think that the ladies had suffered similar 'embedded' symptoms as you describe.  I'm sure someone will be along who knows a little more.

I think you probably require treatment for vaginal atrophy.  As oestrogen levels drop off so the body starts to dry up: ears, eyes, nostrils, skin, vagina  ::) - for me VA was like sitting on razor blades up there  :o so my GP has prescribed Ovestin1mg which is an oestrogen application on a regular basis.

'my bladder' describes my symptoms  ::)

Thanks  - that makes sense - it's incredible how this can affect people. I am a bit scared to try the cream as normally I am very sensitive to lubractors with alcohol etc, and tried the pessaries which made me itch, (this was all some time ago) but maybe I will have to give another try. Thanks for your post. x

sap22

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 09:31:15 PM »

Poor you sounds like you're having a tough time of it. I have had dreadful sweating in the groin area recently (and heat too though I was more conscious of the sweating in that area if I'm honest). I have to wear light (linen style) trousers at work to avoid being soaked. I imagine with the added complication of embedded bladder infection that the heat symptom is even worse as it is a side effect of infection as well as of menopause. I hope the infection problem gets sorted for you and HRT does help too and wearing linen clothes but I'm afraid cannot offer you any constructive advice other than that. Could you request a referral to a gynaecologist?

Thanks for that - it makes sense and linen is a good idea - I find I also get sweaty there! It's a double wammy, I think! Best wishes Beaker

sap22

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »

Hi Maryjane, not sure if you mean the same forum - there's one other I'm on, but didn't see your message. Are you able to copy and paste here. Many thanks.

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 05:18:14 AM »

CLKD I don't no either, but search embedded infections and I would assume there will be a small handful about them, and VA well 😏

Dorothy

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 07:35:51 AM »

I had a bit of discomfort when I first started using Ovestin, but not as bad as the pain it was supposed to be dealing with.  By the end of the 14 days of nightly use, I was fine.  Now I'm on twice-weekly, I only get trouble if I forget to use it for a few days - then the pain comes back and it's sore when I put the cream in.  But I think that's more to do with sore tissue not liking anything touching it than a problem with the actual cream.  My skin does react badly to a lot of creams & lotions & I have an alcohol intolerance - not sure if I've just been lucky with the Ovestin but at least it means that sensitivity elsewhere doesn't mean you can't use cream there.

My GP recommended the cream instead of the pessaries and I was glad she did as when I first started using it, I could only put the cream round the outside - no way could I have got a pessary inside!  As it eased, I was able to apply the cream higher up.  So if you are in a lot of discomfort already, it might be worth asking for cream instead of a pessary because you can apply the cream only as far as is bearable.

ancient runner

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »

Poor you!
Another alternative is the Estring - silicon ring impregnated with slow release oestrogen - no fillers. Lots of us use it very happily. They last 3 months and give you 50mcg of oestrogen a week. You put it up and leave it there.