Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Bank of Mum & Dad  (Read 11334 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: The Bank of Mum & Dad
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:02 PM »

Have you helped your children out Pennyfarthing re home ownership? This is the thing that saddens me most about my own financial situation. I know that they reassure me that their childhood was great and that it doesn't matter that I can't give them a bit towards the deposit for their own homes - three children so three lots of deposit - but i still feel sad about it.

Taz x

No Taz.  Son rents and has no interest in buying he says.  Daughter still lives at home.  However if we popped our clogs tomorrow they would acquire a house each.  We have another smaller house which we rent out so daughter would get that one and son would get this house which I imagine he would sell as it would be too big for him.

I don't think you should feel bad about not giving them money towards their deposits.  I have several friends with 3 and 4 kids and they can't do it either.  I think it's mainly this generation who have been given deposits for houses because all my friends of my age were in the same boat as us, once you left home you were on your own money wise.  My parents had no money to give us but they did help out with home grown veggies, painting and decorating etc. Which was great.  I never held it against them!  ;D ;D

Pennyfarthing

Re: The Bank of Mum & Dad
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »

I had my hairdresser here today.  She was telling me that 6 young mums including her went on a spa day and overnight stay in hotel and it was £165!!!

IT is completely beyond me how she can afford it, or indeed any young mums. I never had that sort of money to spare.  She works just one day a week as she has two small kids and her partner is in a low paid job and they rent a house. I reckon they must be on benefits of some kind and probably get their rent paid.  The other young mums are either stay at home mums or in low paid jobs. No professionals amongst them.  I just don't get it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]