Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Personal thoughts  (Read 2875 times)

babyjane

Personal thoughts
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »

Things are not perfect every day, in fact perfection is an illusion don't get me wrong.  that is not what I aspire to.

Sometimes I feel fluttery, jittery, a bit unstable, occasionally volatile.  However compared to how I felt last year there is a vast improvement.

Sometimes I read posts that advocate taking HRT and wonder if there might be further improvement to be had but the thought soon dissipates.  I also realise that HRT, whilst an improver and life saver for many ladies, is not a cure all and brings its own difficulties at times.

I am better than I have been for a long time despite my oestrogen levels probably being low, but stable, now I am post meno.  I no longer fear my future, whether it be long or short.

I am fortunate in that I am feeling better.  The pursuit of perfection is exhausting, I have been there.  There is peace in contentment and acceptance even if everything in the garden is not always as rosy as one might like, so long as I have done my best.

My best wishes to you all.  :hug:

Jane.

Ju Ju

Re: Personal thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:13:32 AM »

What is perfection? The pursuit of perfection means lack of acceptance of who you are or even not recognising what is already there! What is at the bottom of all your posts? Read it again and again! Believe it!  :)I

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 09:28:02 AM »

Lovely post Babyjane

RR xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 09:29:25 AM »

:-* :-* :-* :-*

dazned

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:33:46 AM »

As CLKD says its not called the change for nowt !  ;)

I found once I stopped chasing the old me I started to embrace the new me ,a bit older, a bit slower physically,but somehow Im more chilled than in my youth,not so volatile  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »

Absolutely Ju Ju, decades of negativity obscured what was there but I have needed help to see the wood for the trees.  In identifying the trees I am starting to see the wood. But it is a learning curve and doesn't happen overnight.  If it did I would not appreciate it.

Nothing worth having is without effort and sometimes costs, but when you start to get it there is such a difference. I am glad I sought help. Trying in my own strength achieved nothing lasting.

The pursuit of perfection means lack of acceptance of who you are or even not recognising what is already there.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »

Actually once I realised that it was ok being me, that there is nothing wrong with who I am, it was a weight off my shoulders. I can just get on with being me. No effort, no hard work, just a sigh of relief. Ok I still start to worry what others think of me, then I remember that they are too busy worrying about themselves and if I am being judged harshly, well it's none of my business. I cannot make anyone do anything, cos I do not have magical powers. All I have to do is be kind to myself, then it's easy to be kind to others and to walk away from abuse. Yes, I had help to get to this place. I love being 60+, despite health challenges.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »

:medal:  BJ

Once I realised that, now I'm married, I didn't have to tell my parents everything I stopped trying to please them.  It took practice!  It also took practice to say 'no' and be more assertive about being 'me' - what you get is what you see  ;)

Someone told me years ago that we change every 7 years  :-\ ………. that we have new ideas, get into a rut, then want to or have to change ……… certainly when we moved here 30 years ago I realised what a rut we had been in previously.  It was a comfy rut but we weren't doing much.

Now that my anxiety is more under control Himself and I have a Life again  ;).  Little steps.