Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello - I'm new and new to forums too!  (Read 6231 times)

Deeble

Re: Hello - I'm new and new to forums too!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 06:36:11 PM »

Hi - after nearly two weeks on femoston conti 1/5 I've had a few days of feeling wiped out with a tiredness that reminds me of premenstrual days. Also a shaky, low blood sugar type feeling. The anxiety and low mood is much improved but wondering if the tiredness sounds familiar to anyone. Thanks for reading on this lovely summery evening. Dx

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 07:22:28 PM »

Progestogens act as a sedative - well at least progesterone does and the one in Femoston is very close to our own progesterone. It could be due to this? Hopefully as your body acclimatises to the HRT the tiredness will improve. I always feel wiped out on progesterone - well at least in the mornings -  but once I've got caffeine in me I'm OK. Some cycles I am worse than others though.

Unfortunately some women feel more "pre-menstrual" on continuous combined HRT and therefore feel better on a cycle - although you have to get used to the progestogen rising and falling reach month just like with proper periods.

Hope you feel less tired soon - it is a lovely evening isn't it - really lifts the spirits! :)

Hurdity x

Deeble

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.  X

clare663

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

Hi Deeble. Im interested on what you have had to say re low moods. Ive been on evorel conti patches for 2 weeks, low mood lifted after a few days but now it is back with a vengeance.!! Was looking on here for all the different types of HRT and its a minefield! Im looking at going back to my GP to change to Femoston conti to see if it makes a difference to the low moods. Would you keep me updated on your moods etc and if any other symptoms come back as I have found that I am flushing again. I started with the full patch for 48 hrs but felt as sick as a pig, cut to a third which worked for a couple of days then symptoms came back. Then used a half and again after a couple of days the symptoms are back. This is why I want to change to a different HRT.

Deeble

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »

Hi Clare 663 - just replied but lost it - not sure what I'm doing wrong .. Will try again shortly. D x

Deeble

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »

Hi - I started with evorel conti patch in Oct/Nov. Changed after 2 weeks as anxiety improved but mood was flattened. I used femseven conti patches then for several months and was ok until low mood and anxiety issues returned. Now 2 weeks on femoston conti 1/5 tablet. Initial headache and last few days very tired feeling but otherwise mood is the best I have been for about 6 months. Fingers crossed this one will post! D x

clare663

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »

Hi Deeble thanks for the reply. Ive looked further into the forum and think I may go for the bio identical if my GP will prescribe!! Im hoping that the synthetic progesteron is what is causing the problems x
Pages: 1 [2]