Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Swimwear  (Read 7598 times)

libby1

Swimwear
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:59 PM »

Hi Girls

What do people wear on holiday? I bought a bikini today, it fits well but I seem to have lost my waist  :-\  I used to go out, in, out now it's all mainly out  ;D

I'm still quite slim apart from having a bit of a pudding tummy  :P I would have preferred a swimsuit to cover up tum but they were either too young or too granny looking!!

Also, are we ever too old for short shorts? Or don't we care  ;D

What does everyone else wear?

Libby
x
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:38:25 PM by libby1 »

Joyce

Re: Swimwear
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

I purchased a tankini in sale last year as I feel more comfortable in that instead of bikini. In fact even in my skinny days, which were some time ago  ;D I didn't like bikinis.  I do also have a swimsuit, which has extra tummy panel, that helps disguise my tum.

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 03:05:58 PM »

I've never really liked swimwear because I've never been one of those lucky, hair-free people.   Nor have I ever been skinny.   Not fat, but definitely not skinny.   So for me, it's either slightly longer shorts or a short, floaty cover-up dress/top sort of thing.

I did see someone in short shorts the other day, who really shouldn't have been wearing them, even though she probably was young enough.  She just wasn't slim enough.  From behind, you could see the bottom of her buttocks poking out.  Not good.  I would say, if this doesn't apply to you, go for it!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:13:02 PM by Dulciana »

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »

Forgot to answer about the shorts.  ;D My shorts are knee length. Although I'm more comfortable in slim fitting cropped trousers. It depends on your pins. Mine are not so bonnie these days. Legs were never skinny, even when my body was. About 15 years or so ago, I thought I was OK in shorts until I saw a photo of myself. Not a pretty sight!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »

Was it the same girl that we saw Dulciana - Himself muttered that she shouldn't have got out of bed never mind wear the very short skirt [which she kept pulling down  ::)] and as for the knickers  :o

I don't swim.  It would mean shaving my legs  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »

I have swimming shorts and tankini top and a swimming costume with boy legs, all waiting for me to wear! One day.............! I have op scars and stretch marks from having large babies, so I want to cover that up.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »

Kafhtan? 

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »

Tankini swimsuit when people can see me. Bikini when they can't.
Knee length denim shorts.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »

I'm another Tankini fan. When we went on hols at Easter I bought a lovely set in M and Co. It was a nice long tankini top in a tropical print and you could I either buy matching pants or they had plain black ones with tummy control so I went for them and they are lovely!!  I also bought a beaded black beach dress to wear over and was well pleased with it all.  TAnkinis  are a lot more comfy than swimsuits and more forgiving than a bikini.

libby1

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 08:00:33 AM »

I looked at the tankinis but they didn't seem to have much support up top  :-\ and doesn't your tum poke out of the gap  ;)

Libby
x

Dulciana

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:59 AM »

What's the point in having a tankini?  Both parts match so why not just buy a swimsuit?   :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »

If you are long in the body and different sizes top and bottom as I am, then they are a great solution.

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »

Oh, I see.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »

The pant legs are longer too I think ………

Why bother, skinny dipping anyone  ;)

littleminnie

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

Dulciana - easier to go to the loo too.
Pages: [1] 2