Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Swimwear  (Read 7595 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Swimwear
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

The pant legs are longer too I think ………

Why bother, skinny dipping anyone  ;)

As long as you promise not to look!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »

I looked at the tankinis but they didn't seem to have much support up top  :-\ and doesn't your tum poke out of the gap  ;)

Libby
x

There is no gap.  As I said in my earlier post the top is lovely and long so you only see a couple of inches of the bottoms.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

The pant legs are longer too I think ………

Why bother, skinny dipping anyone  ;)

No they're not longer. They're just like regular pants or knickers, whatever you like to call them. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »

Too chilly now  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »

I tried the short shorts with a tankini years ago. Leg holes were a tad baggy, not a good look.  :-\

star-mam

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »

I don't really like swimming, (it's such a faff getting changed and then dried afterwards) but seeing as my 4 year old loves it I put my dutiful mammy hat on and grin and bear it  ;)

I have a swim dress which at least makes me feel less self conscious whilst we're at the pool, it supports in the right places and covers the top of my legs  :)

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 10:50:33 PM »

I succumbed to similar star-mum, thinking my upcoming mystery trip would involve a pool. Apparently not. But, hey ho, I feel less exposed in it for when the time comes, if ever.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

What, no pool Cubagirl  :o - not a mystery trip to the Arctic Circle, surely  ;D

Does a tankini mean an instant tan?  :-X

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »

Hi Girls

What do people wear on holiday? I bought a bikini today, it fits well but I seem to have lost my waist  :-\  I used to go out, in, out now it's all mainly out  ;D

I'm still quite slim apart from having a bit of a pudding tummy  :P I would have preferred a swimsuit to cover up tum but they were either too young or too granny looking!!

Also, are we ever too old for short shorts? Or don't we care  ;D

What does everyone else wear?

Libby
x

Last question first - NO!!!! Never too old and I don't care. I'm 63.  I wear every length shorts from very short and all lengths all the way down the leg in length to normal jeans - mostly in denim - so have miniscule ones, mid thigh, knee length, below the knee, and crops! However I am not fat and don't have cellulite nor varicose veins and skin browns easily so lucky in those respects. Bit wobbly though but who cares?!

On holiday - well if i was sunbathing either a bikini or a one-piece swimsuit. The one I have is 1950's style - got 3 years ago from Debenhams - the make is Floozie - they do some really nice styles - not at all granny-like - wouldn't dream of wearing anything like that! The bikini is same make and similar style - white with big black spots and bows. Both the bikini and the swimsuit have a sort of frill thing around the lower hip which covers the top of the thigh just at the edge - can't really describe it really - but a 1950's look and more flattering than conventional cut.

OK waist has expanded but try to keep trim by going to exercise classes to keep stomach pretty flat. Well I have some stretch marks and tums a bit wobbly - but again who cares?? When I am sunbathing or swimming I don't care two hoots what anyone else thinks because I know I'm over 60 so can't pretend to be otherwise. If I start to look really awful then I might hide it away - but once you get tanned this seems to make everything look much better!!! The wonders of being post-menopausal and over 60!!!  I don't do much sunbathing on holiday though....

Swimdress - how modest  :o. Have never heard of these! Interesting idea....  ::)

Hurdity x

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »

The days of dressing like a granny have long gone! Dress to suit your taste, shape and skin tone. In my case very pale skin tone. Tan? The nearest I get to that is red, so no point sunbathing! Sun hat, sunglasses and slap on the sun protection cream.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »

I have lots of hats.  Decorated with brooches ……… I have long skirts: I said to Himself yesterday that if this heat wave continues I'll get them out of the cupboard; and if it continues into next month, I might wear one of them ;-).
Pages: 1 [2]