Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: One step forward two steps back ..  (Read 2145 times)

Roadrunner

One step forward two steps back ..
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »

Hello again ladies.

More advice needed please!

To recap,  48 perimenopausal and started elleste duet 1mg in January. I've swapped to Femoston 1/10 this month as I was headachey on the progesterone part and for the first week of the oestrogen only part of elleste.

Feeling fairly good on femoston. I felt really good on Friday and went for a swim etc. Great!

I take it at night and took my first combined tablet on Friday. At lunchtime yesterday I started to feel not right - definite palpitations and shakiness, the precursors to a hot flush. I felt very shaky all day and I've had a really bad night. Couldn't sleep, night sweats, vivid unpleasant dreams. All these were symptoms that I had before I started HRT.

When I saw my GP I was toying with upping the oestrogen dose because I was still getting some night sweats and mild vasomotor symptoms in the day,  but I has also has irregular bleeding (day 2, day 25 then day 18 -before taking the prog in the last month) so my GP said not to increase it.

What shall I do? I was expecting to get on better with femoston. Do you think this is just a one off blip because my own hormones are all over the place? Or do I need more oestrogen? Do o need to give this one 3 months too?

Other symptoms are better on HRT, so the dizziness and odd "moments " have settled. Bladder and lady bits more comfortable. All is not lost but I do feel weird today. And frightened.

I guess it's back on the herbal tea and see what tonight brings. ..

Any help gratefully received.

Kate50

Re: One step forward two steps back ..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:43:26 AM »

Same happened to me it's only the utrogestan that I dont get palpitations on

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:55:28 AM »

Wow that's interesting Kate 50.

I didn't get palpitations on the elleste progesterone, just headaches that made me feel a bit sick.

I was wondering whether it's the balance between the two hormones that I haven't got quite right yet. Good to know you have found something that suits you  though. There's hope xx

RR xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »

Oh Roadrunner - it's early days - one really can't expect to feel good everyday and the progesterone phase for everyone can be challenging. You definitely need to be on a particular HRT for at least 3 months to allow the hormones to settle and take control.  If you keep chopping and changing then the body doesn't know where it is and in the peri stage your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background giving peeks and troughs.  Increasing oestrogen isn't always the best idea - if flushes are generally better then this is good.  Too much oestrogen can bring other problems. Do be kind to yourself and try to relax - if in 3 months the HRT isn't suiting you then consider a different option - having said this, Femoston is one of the best.  DG x

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:24:48 AM »

Thanks Dancinggirl

Is I don't want to be taking too much of anything. Perhaps my body just needs to adjust. Yet again. I don't want to keep chopping and changing. Just had a dreadful night so it's difficult to see the wood for the trees.

Plus there's no formula that suits everyone.

Thank goodness this forum exists.  :)

RR xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 09:31:27 AM »

Dont dont stop i wish with all my heart id taken hrt
I now have secere atrophy
Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy xxxx

Roadrunner

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »

Bless you. Mine's not great. Better than it was, but room for improvement!
Sorry you're having such a tough time.
RR xx